Soil V.S. Hydro

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HippieGardner, Mar 7, 2010.

1. i was just wandering what everyones opinion is on this topic. me, im a soil fan. not only is it forgiving but it has less chances of complete disasters.

i think from experience that hydro has a huge misconception as being better bud. i think it only makes a difference when it comes to timeline, hydro is quicker due to direct feeding options. i dont think the bud is better though.

what do you guys think?

2. im using MG soil right now. once i have a extra 50 bucks ima get some FF nutes and soil. and ive never tried hydro bud before, maybe i have without realizing it but still. and so far from what it seems, the people that have the BIG growing areas who are growing like 9 plants, all have hydros, which make sense since their growing so much

3. I've only ever used hydro, and although some good looking buds have been produced, i failed to get the excellent taste that the top of the line weed has. Maybe soil is what I'm missing.

4. I prefer Soil as well You Just cant get the Flavor in Ur weed with Hydro. Ive grown many crops hydro and love the quick flower time and some Killer Looking weed. But when it comes to rolling up a joint and get Smooth Sweet, sour what ever weed I'm doing at the time, it always comes back to ORGANIC Soils give you the best tasting weed.:hello:

5. Hydro i think just speeds up the growing process, The bud depends on the stain and grower, i think.

Evil. :smoke:

6. Best results, quicker harvest... in this order (worst to best)

Potting Mix, Hydroponics, Aeroponics

With each succession, it's more difficult to understand each the methods.

7. this is a interesting topic. i was thinking the taste was sacrificed in hydro a bit also. im a dirt farmer i suppose forever.

rep at all of ya, thanks for taking the time.

love the dam disclaimers...so so sweet

peace & love from the hippi gardner..