Soil to Hydroponics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by illusi0nzv3, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I have a week old seedling that I wanted to experiment with. How would I go about taking a plant out of the soil and put it into a hydroponic system and successfully have it grow? Also how would I transplant the roots of the seedling and what would I put it into?

2. What a mess. I would not go from soil to hydro and just finish out that girl in soil. If you want to give hydro a go then just start over another seed or clone in hydro.

But If you were to do such a crazy task then...
    You need to take her out of the pot and shake off very gently as much soil as you can. Then I would submerge the roots in water and try and get the remaining soil off before transplanting her to your hydro setup. I would not attempt this with a week old seedling, you should atleast let her become somewhat established first. Maybe about two and a half weeks old. People don't even transplant from soil to soil into bigger pots at one week old, for a good reason. Your one week old plant may not survive the shock. I don't know how you will get your hydroton or whatever medium your using around the roots into your net pots without damaging them.

Good luck.

3. thanks man for the insight.