Soil Testing (what are good levels )

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HigHopes, Sep 8, 2012.

1. I know that different strains want different levels of pH, nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium... But as a over all Range in soil what should I shoot for as a base line?

2. U in water or soil?

3. pH of 6.3 to 6.8

and uhh... depending on your stage depends on PPM or EC in the soil.

4. #5 Edmond Dantès, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
    i would have said 5.8-6.5 is a great zone for ph but anything under 7.2 till 5.3 is fine just watch it carefully if you have alot of problems with ph look up folvic and humic acid for more control
    More info and anything you would ever need to know in the future can be found here Indoor Marijuana Horticulture - Jorge Cervantes - Google Boeken for free ^_^

Also if you dont have much experience with nutes use seaweed extract and a basic 0.5-0.5-0.5 cow manure compost fert easy to do mix and add and its only 3$ at your local lowes/homedepot for flowering i would say try mexican bat guano very simple but powerful stuff start with 2/3 strength recommended on the package

If you plan on buying nutes just use the nutrient calculator or feed chart for the lineup most company's have them example http://www.humboldtnutrients.com/feeding-charts/

5. 6.2 for me fellas. But good quality soils will have Ph buffer, and depending on nutes , you can by that actually Ph correct your water for you, like Bio canna ,

6. Is 6.5 not the the perfect PH for allowing the uptake of all nutes including micro nutes, I have a chart which was provided for me by users on this forum when I was having PH issues and it says 6.5 is the perfect range. Of course this is merely me relaying this information and not disputing what others are saying

7. PPM or EC of WHAT in the soil???

J

8. [quote name='"jerry111165"']

PPM or EC of WHAT in the soil???

J[/quote]

Water runoff.

9. I would definitely suggest that you go with a water-only organic soil. That way you don't have to worry about pH, ppm, and all that mess. Start with a good soil full of organic amendments and foster a healthy population of microorganisms (by not using chemical nutes and things like pH up/down) and then your work is done. The soil will take care of the rest and your plant can use what nutrients it wants, when it needs them. That way you don't have to guess about what nutrients your plant needs.

Surprisingly, plants are way better at judging their own nutritional needs than we are. Who woulda thought?? :p. Check out jerry's sticky on "indoor gardening without bottled nutes". It's chock full of great information and is the perfect intro into organic gardening. It can be found here: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...door-gardening-without-bottled-nutrients.html

Also check out the stickies in the organic section.

You can PM me if you are interested in doing an organic soil grow, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction :wave:. HTH :smoke: