Soil stays moist and plants stunted.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by seanmo, Jun 25, 2013.

1. I have run into a very strange problem. I have a sodium lock up in my soil. The plants were doing very well and then overnight the leaves were curling and the outer 1/2 of the leaves were very dry and brittle with sort of wrinkles or bubbles on the leaves.. ( Dry) Now the growth is stunted and the leaf tips are brown too. I am using Fox farms soil and Super bloom during Veg. I have grown for several years and have a good system. I recently moved to a new house. Alot of the regular plants don't seem to really thrive also. After several blogs and nursery men and hydro guys I think I'm on the right track. If there is to much sodium in the soil it will keep the soil damp and not dry. Mine drain great and I haven't watered for over 1 week. I even tried to till the soil and get the damp soil to the surface and let it dry. I have just flushed them with distilled water and will do it again to see if this works. I am also picking up a sodium tester at the aquarium shop. The water test kits DO NOT check for this. Hopefully this will help. Any further comments are welcome.
    I grow outdoors in 20 Gal pots Fox Farms Soil. All plants are from seed. No clones.