soil recommendation help with soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by weed4man20, Apr 28, 2008.

1. lookin for the best soil to use, i know high nitrogen levels low phosphours and potassium, just wondering if there are any good brand name i could pick up at a local nursery ive got plenty to choose from.. also i hear soil made for tomatoes is adequate to the soil marijuana thives in...so anysuggestions on best soil type would be great...maybe organic soil im not sure....little help would be great..

thx in advance..happy growing:hello:

2. I am a huge fan of Fox Farm products.

3. I used Fox Farm Ocean Forest and also ProMix with good results.

4. thx guys...ima go look for some fox farm products now

5. no luck on finding any damn fox farm...there is none in this city i called like 8 places and went to like 3. Found a lot of miracle grow...i did see some organic mg thinking of getting that and mixing in vermiciulite. any other recommendations?

thx

6. Fox farm has a locater on its site to find local retailers near you try that. Just google fox farm.

7. I'd reccomend against MG even though i've used it from the beginning. I would make my own soil if I were you. Vermiculite, Peat Moss, and Perlite, then add Bat Guano, some worm castings and some other stuff that is in most Fox Farm soils. Or if you do buy some, get some with an even rating, or high nitrogen, such as 15-10-10 nitrogen is used a lot in veg. growth and I think phosporus is used a lot in flowering. Make sure you get micronutrients, too.

8. yep thanks guys i did use the fox farm tracker, it said there were 3 stores in my area that carry fox farm products, i called all 3 they all said they stopped carrying fox farm...anyway i went with organic mg in mixed in vermiculite bout 80-20 soil to vermiculite...i may try in find some bat gaurno to mix to in as well also the ratio 10-5-5 NPK in the MG organic soil.

thx for the help guys

9. If you have a Home Depot or Lowe's they may carry ProMix soil which is good.

10. try to find fox farm ocean forest, its the best! Working great for me