Soil Recipe?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by TAS, Jul 11, 2010.

1. #1 TAS, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
    So this is my first grow and i just want to check if the soil im going to use i s good. let me know.
    1qt Topsoil
    1qt Perlite
    1qt Peat Moss
    1qt Humus and Manure
    1/2 cup Bone Meal
    1/2 cup Blood Meal
    1/2 cup Lime

What does everyone think?

2. Your going to burn ur plants! I believe there are 4 quarts in a gallon. Sounds like ur only mixin enough soil for one small plant. The recommended dose of bone and blood meal is 1tbsp to a gallon so u hav way to much. Ur top soil and manure only make up 2 quarts. And im sure u know that ur mix would be good for a plant that is 3 weeks old or more and not for seedlings. Idk seems to me u havent spent the time to do the research much. Try readin sum of the cities amazin forums for help before askin questions it helps get more help from the community also!

3. If its from seedling then my guess your plants will get burned from all that blood and bone meal. All seedlings really need are mixture of perlite and top soil for the first couple weeks. I'm still not sure id add blood meal (if its an outdoor grow) cause i've heard that stuff attracts raccoons.

4. If it smells like a meal even fences don't stop raccoons. They can make bear damage seem polite.