soil question,help plz

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hdcruiser07, Feb 16, 2011.

1. I am using a mixture of about 40%ocean forest,40%happy frog and 20% perlite.
    all the seedling I have started seem to get what looks like nute burn on the 1st and sometimes a little on the 2nd set of leaves.i have gave them no nutes.is this possibly because the ocean forest is really that hot or is it maybe a deficiency?
    i figured w/ this mix it couldnt possibly be a deficiency already but am looking at your opinions.on my lsat grows I used all happy frog and no problems.i just figured a little ocean forest might be a better mix.anyone using ocean forest have these problems?
    by the way like i said no nutes,about a week old and under T5's.
    can post some pics if needed.

2. I use OF, but not when they're seedlings. I switch to OF once I transplant them from their party cups to the big buckets. I would stick to just the HF for seedlings(I don't have experience with Perlite to give advice on it).

3. makes sense.I think i will try that next time around.appreciate the help.

4. can anyone else comment on this plz.

5. I also use of, but as mentioned above i dont put them in until the starter cube has plenty of roots showing.

6. Had heard it might be a little hot, and was prepared for the worst. But, I and all my friends use nothing but FFOF as soon as the seed pops, and never had any prob.
    Might just be the strains we grow.

7. Have you been monitering ph levels?
    I'm actually having similar issues, but i figured since i don't have a ph tester (rona didnt carry them which i thought was retarded), i figured maybe the ph of the soil was just a little off...

8. have a ph meter and ph is right at 6.5.after they get about the 3rd leaf set they seem to be o.k.I think I will just use the ffof after i transplant the 1st time.