Soil ph

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jj420aded, Dec 10, 2014.

1. How to test soil ph an what is the soil ph suppose to be

Sent from ........ using Grasscity Forum

2. $12 stick tester. Stick it in the soil. Clean it after every use. Keep pH between 6 and 8, preferably in the 6.5 to 7 neighborhood.

And read his link...you'll need the info.

3. You can also pH your run off to get the pH of the soil.

4. #4 hihl, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    ^----This guy right here

I had not actually thought of this, need to start thinking outside the box "har har cause im growing in a box lol"

5. Brixfix this wat I was thinking but there to small to give that much water . I have a soil tester it tests how much light there is how wet the soil is an what the soil ph is. Idk if its acurrate or not

6. When you water the plants you are supposed to let at least 20% overflow come out of the pot....so if you dont have any water to test then you arent watering them properly.

7. They are only 2.5 weeks old an they are kinda small an in a big pot if I watered them that much Which is like a 2 liter per plant wouldn't that over water the hell out of them

8. how small are you talking unless its a seedling you should be able to water it enough to get run off. If its a seedling just wait if its growing good. There's nothing you can really do to much for a seedling anyway until it grows up a bit.

9. ahhh now I see. just show us a pic, if they look fine and the water you been putting into them is fine, just wait. digging some soil out isn't going to do it especially if its a small seedling in a large pot. You're watering such a small area

10. Getting worse ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418280810.701563.jpg this other pic is of the whole plant about to be 3 weeks from first sprout ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418280899.584789.jpg kinda small if you ask me. Maybe it's the stain of auto

11. Those cheap $10 -20 soil testers are junk. Test a few spots inside your pot with the meter and also check your run with a test kit, bet you end up with different results, I did after wasting my $ on 3 different styles. Maybe if you spent some loot and got a decent one. I eventually bought a digital soil tester it was junk too. Thats back when I used to check ph , I ended up just doing the run off with a pH pen or the test kit, no need for the extra meter.

12. Agreed...but they'll do in a pinch, for a starter.

13. Agreed just if he already has or is getting a pH pen or test kit, just save the $ imo. I returned the digital one and put the $ towards a pH pen. The luster leaf stake ones, I tossed.

14. Op check this chart out

Attached Files:

15. I got scott hyponex soil I'm growing in. I got a seed I just put right into the dirt waiting for it to sprout but before I put the seed I ran a few gallons of water thru the soil.. In have a pH dropper test kit its showing red.. Which is pH of 4 or lower.. Is this a problem. I got pH up should I run a few gallons of high pH water thru the soil

16. if you have a 5 gallon pot, I would run 5 gallons of RO water pH'd at about 8.5-9 through it followed by 10 gallons of RO pH'd around 7.5 through it. test last bit of run off and then run RO pH'd at 7.0 until the run off is at 7 - 7.2. hopefully you've done this already because that low pH will do serious damage to the root system