soil ph runoff question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Deno420, Jun 20, 2012.

1. #1 Deno420, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
    New to testing the run off mostly cause I dident really no its purpus or what it ment to do so. I use arura 707 roots organic soil in 3 4 and 5gal pots. Weather I add nutes or water I always buff In the range of 6.3 to 6.8...normaily It ends up being 6.5 I don't no what my run is supposed to be but I checked 2 of them today and the ph going in was 6.4. And the runoff on 1 was 5.8 and the other was 5.4..is that ok or good range? What made me even want to do it is my girls look real good but every grow I've done I've noticed tips of leaves dying and lil odd shit that dosent make since seeing how everthing I've been doing is what plants want as far as temp....lighting...ph...rh%...and yeild go. So I figured it may be something going on my my soil so I checked it

2. with run-off, you'll get many answers. in my experience, i never check it. as long as you properly ph "everything" you put in/on a plant, ph should never be an issue! in soil, optimal ph is 6.5. since the plant sometimes just drinks water, and at other times feeds, the run-off ph will constantly be changing. if your plants aren't displaying any problems, why create one? what you're describing with the leaf tips sounds like tip burn/nursery burn. simply means you're feeding them a little hot. back off on the ppm a couple hundred and it should go away. i always have a little tip burn.

3. [quote name='"GrowBot"']with run-off, you'll get many answers. in my experience, i never check it. as long as you properly ph "everything" you put in/on a plant, ph should never be an issue! in soil, optimal ph is 6.5. since the plant sometimes just drinks water, and at other times feeds, the run-off ph will constantly be changing. if your plants aren't displaying any problems, why create one? what you're describing with the leaf tips sounds like tip burn/nursery burn. simply means you're feeding them a little hot. back off on the ppm a couple hundred and it should go away. i always have a little tip burn.[/quote]

I thought that as well but I half str nutes and just b4 I put them into flowering I transplant to bigger pots and don't add nutes at all for 3or4 weeks cause I let the plant use up the nutes in the soil....onlything they get for the 1st 3 weeks of flowering is roots excel..malasses..andd great white that's it. The 4th week I add nutes at half str for week 4 5 and 6 then the last 2 weeks just plane phd water MAYBE some malassess.

4. Can anyone answer my Q?

5. GrowBot gave you excellent advice. Don't sweat it.