soil or hydroponics in a pc growbox?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by NWVW, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Been reading alot of grow journals here for inspiration on my pc grow. I have the box built with 4 fans and 2 cfl lights but im currently growing peppers in there until i get some seeds. I am somewhat educated the art of hydroponics and I know that I am capable of maintaining one, but I dont know if it would be very beneficial in a PC. I know that I would be using a 2, 3 inch net pot deep water culture system. I also know that my grow will be utilizing the LST technique. So my main question is, would it be more beneficial to use a hydroponics or soil as the growing medium in a PC grow box utilizing the LST technique?:smoking:

2. Interested in the answer as well, subbed!

3. You will get a better yield, but I am and have always been anti-hydro so ya.......can't give you an unbiased answer.

4. I've always heard that hydro usually pulls more, but for a stealth box, I don't know.

5. I know a hydro could get me more bud but Im not sure if it would be the best for a PC grow. Im thinking I might do it just cus I would get more and I dont see many hydro pc combos here.

6. Go soil, its easier to control the height. Height will be a issue and constant lst is a must. You can still get a good yield with soil. I had one grow produce 1 1/2 oz in a pc. I recommend topping around the 3rd week or so. Train the plant to grow in a
    Y-shape and pull each main stalk to form a pitchfork so they don't grow into the lights. Good luck

7. thanks for the advice. 1 1/2 oz! thats alot out of a pc! can you go into more depth on how you got that much yield? Im still researching I kinda wanna go soil but I think hydro would be interesting to see if I could get more

8. I grow mostly using hydro but if I was using a PC case I wouldn't want to waste any space on res, pumps etc.

9. soil for anything thats the size of a pc case.