soil or hydro which is better??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AYDENS_DAD, Jan 24, 2009.

1. which is better for quality health and pretty much everything all around??

2. #2 Olesmoky, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
    Neither. It varies between the way its done too greatly, and there are too many factors to choose a healthier method. What really comes down to better growing is the ferts/lighting.

Thats just my 2 cents, I could be wrong. I'd assume hydro is pumping more unnatural chemicals into the plant though (Not in all cases) so I prefer to avoid "dro". Soil man myself.

-if your looking for healthy ways to get stoned with your marijuana, look into foods/vaporizor. If you must smoke your weed the healthiest ways are ways with filtration/ water bongs/bubbler - etc..

3. hydro, but it is very tricky for some new users. soil will do the trick, and it will grow quite well, all depends on what you are looking for, if you want speed and quality, go hydro, can become expensive if you dont have a creative mind. soil takes longer and is messy, but supports plants quite well, she was found outside first for a reason. but if this is your first grow, experiment with soil. no need in spending some cash and saying f it. but if you want to experiment with hydro, then take your time and read up, hit me back if you want some tipsw / advice and direction. - pz. sm0ak

4. it's a moot point but the general rule of thumb is: -

soil is easier to set up and cheaper to set up
    hydro is easier for watering and better for bigger grows
    soil is more "organic" - personally, I think that's bullshit but someone else will say it
    hydro yields more bud
    hydro is easier to control
    soil is messier
    some strains prefer soil
    some strains prefer hydro

so it depends on your grow is my answer ;)

5. agree'd; going for personal, sell, big yeild, or enough for yourself. strain is important too. if first grow, some say go big or go home, i say go bag or go broke. most likely, your first grow will be an "experiment" finding what works and what doesnt.

6. hey smokey, i see you are from the u.s., u ever odered seeds from a seed bank?

7. #7 Olesmoky, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
    Its funny you ask, I haven't but I might be in the start of February. Why?

8. because i am mid grow with some nice mid's, but rule of thumb, grow shwag, get schwag, want to know if it works for you. dont know laws there, but here under 20 plants, no matter of personal of anything up to 5 yrs. kinda harsh, i havent smoked in almost 2 yrs but man i miss ms. mary. mj = like your own prositute, if anyone else wants her, gotta pay, if caught, not good, if she is good, lovin it. let me know. i gotta setup going right now, 2 boxes one on top of other, painted white, 3 fans, 2 filters, veg & flower room, building clone room. doing shwag to experiment with nuet's and setup. but i want to buy some good seed. let me know. also, i am doing my mother in soil, and clones in hydro, smart or waste of time, i know hydro goes quicker with bigger yields, thats why mother = in soil, to slow process, bad or good? let me know. - pz sm0ak.

9. Are you referring to using bagseed? I don't know what you meant really but yeah. Lets say you have some schwag and it has seeds in it, you use those seeds. Your weed of course obviously isn't the best of weed but the way you grow it can very well make your grow come out better than who you got yours from - or it could go worse.

10. weel schwag, mersh, bag, its some good bag, 1oz has 4/5 seeds, not much but enough for seller to regrow crop. so its nice, smells like some dank but lacks the potent taste of dro. so i wanted to make my first hydro grow, with it. remember my mother will be in soil and clones in hydro, hope it works, gotta week or 2 left before i clone. what you thinking of ordering, i was thinking lowrider if i dont do lst, but i want some kush was thinking of attitude's site, what about you? - pz sm0ak.

11. #11 sm0aky, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2009
    btw, we shoulda started our this thrn thread not to confuse the kid who posted this thread. - pz sm0ak.

12. Well IF I did order, which I'm still not sure - I'm still undecided on strains. If I do grow though its likely it will only be 2 plants of average size for my own use. I'm not a dealer or anything, not really looking to turn a profit on my growing if I do it.

I think it would just be pretty chill to grow your own and help your friends out when they're dry and stuff, smoke people up and such and see what they say about your herb. I think it would be a nice feeling to smoke your own grown herb also, knowing that you were with it the entire way.

- I also want to try this flavoring technique: adding orange extract to the water 1-2 hours before harvest - its supposed to work but I'm not sure how well.

13. heard something similar, but i've heard it in curing. put a few orange peels in well confined space with good ventalation. not to get rid of smell, but give it an orange armoa, same with limes and lemons, my boy had this shit that smelled like sprite, was chron. but i've never heard of it with watering. i was thinking of some low rider blue berry, but heard bad results that the yield is weak. my grow space isnt small but it isnt large, so i thought it would be good, heard anything about dro and lst? pz - sm0ak.

14. Hi guys, not trying to butt in but I'll throw in my 2 cents about Lowryder. Its a kick in the ass to grow, but your yield will be disappointing. If you are just looking for a quick plant to keep you in smoke, its a good choice. Its just kinda hard to put in the love and care for something and not get much in return. But it does have its place......;)

15. just a heads up, if the orange extract has alcohol in it DO NOT USE IT. IMO you are better off just flushing two weeks prior and then chopping it before it gets light after a dark cycle. + 3-4 week cure = gold.

16. funny you should say that cause i was wondering that same question you asked about the seeds and was actually reading your little convo but yeah could you get back to me if you find anyting out about the seeds cause i need some to and i live in the us as well