soil mixture.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by comeoriginal740, Jan 11, 2009.

1. I've skimmed through the threads and found this simple mixture i want to use.let me know what you think,lacking anything? too much of anything?

1 bale sunshine mix#2 or pro mix
    8 cups bone meal
    4 cups blood mean
    1-1/3 cups epsom salt
    3-4 cups dolomite lime
    1 tsp fritted trace elements(i dont know what this is)
    4 cups kelp meal
    25 pounds pure worm castings.

2. Sounds delicious. If I were in that I would want to grow up big and strong. How much soil you plan on making? That's a lot of worm castings which could possibly burn certain seedlings.

3. #3 comeoriginal740, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2009
    30 cubic f. imma start them off in 3 gal containers with foxfarm light warrior.i still havent calculated it all out yet.

4. OK So about 30 cubic feet. Thats a lot of soil but I am not sure on the mixing. I know light warrior has ferts as well. Maybe some of the guys who mix their own will chime in on the amounts. What strain you planning on?

5. I reckon on about 10% wormcastings, measuring by the shovelful.

6. 10 % alright, imma go with that then cuz i trust the yall. High Quality Seeds -South African Durban X Skunk and Nirvana-Snow White.

should i mix a toned down batch for the sativa dom strain? I hear they burn eisilly and dont need as much nutes as the indica dom strain but how big of a diff is it?