Soil mixture

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by grow420box, Dec 13, 2016.

1. What's the best soil mixture for outdoor in ground growing for the highest yields. I heard fox farms ocean forest is good but I could find any locally.

2. Fox Farms Ocean Forrest

3. I've done it both ways...growing in the ground and growing in a container outside. I definitely prefer the container method. We grow all our outside plants in 5 gal. buckets and keep them up off the ground. We use Roots Organics Original inside and usually that's what I'll use for any outside plants...and I have to drive an hour and a half one way to get the stuff. If you order it on line, you have to buy a whole pallet (100 bags) and that's too expensive for my blood at the moment. Love growing them outside because the yields swamp what is possible with an indoor grow. But living in an "illegal State," always makes it a risk. However, living in the poor South has limited the typical gvt. harassment we've gotten over the years by choppers and planes flying over looking for plants. I guess that's probably one of the ONLY good things I got out of Obama in the last 8 years. Imagine things are about to change with the new administration going into office next month. But that's the least of my concerns. It's more comforting to think that my children and grandchildren might actually have some hope for a future than it is worrisome that I might experience a little more hassle growing weed. But the thing with the container growing outside, you've got to understand when to start feeding them and be able to handle that throughout the life of the plant...and in an outdoor grow, we're talking months. We generally start ours inside in early Feb. and get them up to a good size before they ever go out into the real world. We generally don't even put them outside until the first of June and can leave them out most of the time until late October at least. Drainage is a big deal to these plants and they don't like their roots sitting in moisture all the time, so whatever soil you choose to go with, make sure it's the real deal and gets you the drainage you need. Best of luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1