Soil Mixes - NO NUTES - WATER ONLY - POST THEM!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Stoned Chick, Jun 4, 2010.

No and No. Definitely neither. The solution is rather simple. Use the top 6"-8" of soil that you can be assured does not contain any kind of 'cide' product, synthetic fertilizers, or any other chemical substance. Remove the large rocks and roots (screen it), and use it with plenty of perlite and whatever else you have. It will work well enough especially if you can treat it as an ammendment and add it to your peat based mix.

Depending on where you live or where you can drive to determines the ease of this work-around.

2. Thanks bud glad got the answer before it was too late

3. [quote name="Stoned Chick" post="7618438" timestamp="1275662177"]Here is what i am using for MY grow:- 1 bag pro-mix for containers- 1 bag miracle grow organic choice - Garden Soil (it's ok that it says "not for containers")- 1 cup blood meal- 1 cup bone meal- 1/2 cup dolomite lime- +20% chunky or coarse perlite * This mix is enough to fill 10, 3 gallon bags. This mix requires WATER ONLY from start to finish, no extra nutes.[/quote[quote name="Stoned Chick" post="7618438" timestamp="1275662177"]Here is what i am using for MY grow:- 1 bag pro-mix for containers- 1 bag miracle grow organic choice - Garden Soil (it's ok that it says "not for containers")- 1 cup blood meal- 1 cup bone meal- 1/2 cup dolomite lime- +20% chunky or coarse perlite * This mix is enough to fill 10, 3 gallon bags. This mix requires WATER ONLY from start to finish, no extra nutes.[/quote]
    Hey stoned chick, I'm using this recipe. How long after I mix can I use this?

4. Which Organic farm is willing to ship 20 gallons of high-quality soil with high quality amendments. Ready to grow indoor, only water needed. I Prefer 1 company to stick with.

I need a shipment to Europe, anyone know of a company?

You want to ship 20 gallons of soil to Europe?  I'll save you some money..... transfer $60 to my Paypal account, and I'll tell you the secrets to building your own water-only, organic soil.....  but it's super-secret, so you have to agree not to tell anyone.  Deal or no deal?

Teach a man to fish... 

7. #827 Gandalf_the_Green, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014

Teach a man to fish..... and he owes you $60 or a couple pounds of fish.  That's how it goes in my neck of the woods lol

@[member="apogee91"] ..... didn't I already spend a good chunk of time via PM teaching you how to build your own organic soil about 3 weeks ago??  I thought you were way on-board?  Why are you now asking for people for a company that will ship bagged soils to Europe?

8. Dude, just read this post and make your own soil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #829 apogee91, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    Hmm.. weird.. I posted this a long time ago I smoke more than a train... Gandalf sent me all through IM, weird... memory rrrr :) RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!rrrr!!!

Anyhow, flowering started (it's my 1st and last hydro grow) and then going Organic. Telling Hydro growing  bye bye for now. Thanks to Gandalf :)

Question - I have 1 male plant with hundreds or thousands of sacks and 1 female plant right next to him. 

ALOT of pollen has been released in small 2m x 2m room. 

I WANT SEEDS! So is it OK to remove the male plant (I think i'll plant it outside in the city, it's a beautiful tall sativa male.

Now, flowering started, could I just save 1 male sack, touch the flowers with it... in case I won't get seeds? Or better to leave both plants close to each other while flowering. 

10. I am new too all this organics as I previously was growing hydroponically but am looking to simplify things by using the recipe above from originator of the thread. I think I'd like to mostly water only with only adding some amendments towards the beginning or middle of flower. Currently I'm reconstructing my space but am close completion so I will be purchasing these supplies soon....I am wondering since the orig. post was years ago if anyone thinks that this recipe is inferior to something else that is equally simple with better production or are the "oldies the goodies" when it comes to organics.

Sent from my Samsung using GC mobile app

11. Hi friend!

I would definitely stay away from that recipe, you can do so much better for much less money. It's probably already posted a bunch of times in this thread, but what's the harm in posting it one more time?

To make 1 cu ft of soil, follow the recipe below. You can adjust your base mix depending on what is available to you, personal preference, etc...

1/3 Peat 
    1/3 Aeration - Hulls, lava rock, perlite etc...
    1/3 Compost/Vermicompost/EWC - Find the absolute best quality you can, preferably from a local source. It's all about the diversity of the microbial life. Fresh, homemade composts are the way to go. Uncle Jerry also uses leaf mold and has mind-blowing results.

1 Cup Liming Agent - Crustacean meals are great for this because they also have chitin. Look it up.  You can also use oyster shell flour, garden lime, dolomite etc...

Amendments
    2 cup kelp meal
    1 cup alfalfa
    1 cup neem meal

Add 2-4 cups of rock dust/glacial rock dust/granite meal/basalt etc...

That's it. Let that shit sit for a month or more, and boom...you're growing like the best. All of those amendments can also be used to make teas, fpe's, "syrups" etc...

:smoking:

12. I appreciate it bro I tried to skim through the thread to find stuff but there were so many recipes ( everyone has there own style ) ...This seems simple enough ...i call around various gardening shops this week...is all of these normally easy to find or will I need to order anything

13. This is the thread that you should have started with for a soil mix... 

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

This should help you locate materials, both locally and on-line...

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1277064-sourcing-organic-soil-mix-components.html?view=findpost&p=19864587&hl=sourcing+organic+soil+mix+components

14. Lol here's something funny I went there before but forgot that I did because at the time i was researching ...so I clicked your link and went to the first page and I had the ah ha moment..anyhow thanks for the suggestion

15. Need an idea. I know there are mixes posted in the beginnig of this thread but id like your feedback. Id like to make a water only mix using ffof and fflw. What other ammendments would I need. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Go to BuildASoil man Jeremy is the best, hence the site name BuildASoil!

Be water my friend.

17. #837 GOLDENBOY, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    so I been working on building my own soil from the stuff I can get around my area. I can get blood and bone meal but I don't think im going to add them because I feel this is strong enough. im making this strong because   Because I dont have the room to store 600 gallons of soil ill make this strong like and then mix it down in the woods. Also when I do mix it down ill let it sit for a month covered up before I use it. Also next year ill be laying this black fabric stuff so the roots of other plants cant get in my soil. This fabric will still let water run unlike tarp

1 bale promix bx
    2 bags of fafard black earth
    1 bags of sheep compost
    1 bags of hen compost
    4 cups of tomato tone 5 7 7
    3 cups of bat bloom 0 13 1
    3 cups of bat grow 8 5 6
    4 cups of kelp meal 1 0 2
    3 cups of crab meal 2 3 0
    5 cups of alfalfa meal 3 0 3
    1.5 cup of gypsum
    4 cups of rock dust
    2.5 cups of lime
    1.5 cups of D. earth

• organic compost soil
    • 25% worm casting
    • 1 cup blood meal
    • 1 cup bone meal
    • 1/2 cup dolimite lime
    • 10-20% added chunky perlite
    Will this soil take me from seed to harvest with only water? 

18. Water only so far. Started in FFOF. Transplanted to HF. Germinated in soil. WP_20141217_21_35_43_Pro.jpg

19. Looks good. How much soil do you have each plant in? What are your plans for flowering? Recycling your soil? Just curious.

Come on over and check out the No-Till thread when you've got time...might be interesting for ya.