Soil, hydroponics, or aeroponics?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OldGregg420, Feb 10, 2009.

1. What is the best way to grow indoors just regular soil, hydroponics, or aeroponics? I am thinking of starting growing and have a spot, but i just need to decide what way to grow. I have heard that regular soil has more flavor and takes longer, but the other ones are faster with less flavor. I am thinking of maybe doing some aeroponic (my friend knows how to build the setup) and some regular soil. Anyways any thoughts?

2. that is a good question. I also have the same one. also which on will be best suited for cfl? and if it has lest taste does that mean the smell should be less potent?

3. Easily answered: How much money/space/plants do you have?

If you're going to, say, grow only 2 plants at a time - Hydro or Aero both rock. Dro bein a tad easier to handle for the novice.

If you're growing 60 plants, dro gets a little unrealistic and soil becomes a much better option.

If you're simply a die hard soil/organics kinda cat, well then soil is what ya use.

I guess what I'm saying is it's up to you and what realistically meets your needs. All of the options you listed will have 'fans', who swear by the method for the results they get... I've also seem some soil plants that blew my hydro mind...

Kick it off anyway you see fit - experiment with em all - figure out which one you like and fits your environment.

4. soil is pretty much a plug and play setup, but aero and hydro take just a tad bit more work to get going and can cost more if you get the proper equiment like a ph meter and a tds meter, pumps, etc. I've read that hydro does better with HID style light, but i know people that have had ample success with any combination of medium and lights. Any form is doable, but you're probably going to have to do a bit more work depending on which way you go, soil>hydro>aero as far as difficulty of setup and the reverse order for growth rate, from what i've seen. I'd give it a try starting out with soil, then move to hydro when you get the hang of it. Also with soil, you don't have to worry about a pump going out or some other sort of catastrophic failure.