Soil help

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Waymakes, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Can anybody chime in on my soil mix..

Nutrients
    1/2 cup kelp cf
    1/2 cup crab cf
    1/2 cup neem cake or meal I have both cf
    1/4 cup flower girl/ fishbone meal, bone meal, alfalfa meal, potassium sulfate, kelp and feather meal, kelp flour

My mineral mix I'm hung on I heard 4 to 6 cups down to 2 cups c.f. This is where help is needed. What should I use per c.f. This is what I have.
    Dolomite , gypsum, Azomite, BAS basalt

2. I would go with a cup of gypsum and 4 cups basalt.

3. What's your main mix? Should be compost, peet/coir, and perlite/vermiculite.

Be careful with these components. As a top dressing they will turn into concrete.

4. I’m new at this myself, and I hear ya!, I took info from multiple sources and committed to my mineral amendments:
    Thread from 2012:
    Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners

Dust from igneous rocks like granite, basalt, azomite, glacial rock dust, etc. is what you want.…..
    Mineral amendment: now add 4 cups of your rock dust per cubic foot (7.5 gallons) of soil

Using info from that thread and from Info TRUE LIVING ORGANICS 2nd EDITION:
    this is what I used (it is 3 weeks into the cooking stage):

Per cuf (adjusted for one cubic foot, and sorry for the decimals):
    • Dolomite Lime 0.5 cup/ cuf
    • Soft Rock Phosphate 0.13 cup/ cuf less if powder more if pellet
    • Gypsum 1.0 cup/ cup
    • Azomite 5.3 tbs/ cuf
    • Green Sand 2tbs/ cuf
    • Basalt I did not use but my notes say .25 cup cuf
    • I added 1 cup/ cuf ground oyster and 5 cups horticultural char which I consider minerals
    That adds up to 2.5 cup/ cuf for my minerals without the char.
    Now that I’ve replied, I don’t think I have provided any clarity, just another layer of fuck-meeee! EXCEPT FOR THE LIME AND ROCK PHOSPHATE, sincece it’s minerals, I believe the amounts can be adjusted/ substitute to what you have on hand/ can find/ can afford without harming your soil. Fuck-me again….

This is not advice, just an answer and my chime in, cause I’m in the same f-me boat and that’s what I did with the knowledge I have accumulated. Happy soil mixing.

5. I consider bio char to be an aeration component and housing for microbes. In my soil mix I use 1 cup of basalt, 1 cup of OSF and 1 cup of gypsum per cubic foot, for minerals if you want to use the Azomite I would use half a cup of it and reduce the basalt to a half a cup.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Will that cover ph or will I add dolomite

7. The oyster shell flour is a replacement for dolomite, HTH