Soil help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MKRweed, Feb 11, 2013.

1. I got peat moss, perlite, topsoil, and MG potting soil 6 month feeder. What would be a combination of this?

2. Dude, ditch the MG and do some reading. Mg= terrible, it is written all over these forums.

3. I have no other option the closest nursery is 50 miles away and all I have is Lows and walmart and all they have is Scotts and MG

4. you can make your own soil. Anything is better than Mg

5. You might add a little perlite to the MG for better drainage. Don't give it any more nutes until you flower. Just give it a little blooming nutes then. There are better soils out there but MG will work. Your growin' a fuckin' weed.

6. What usandthem said is true, but what Shiva said is also true.

If you use your peat moss, perlite, and some Pro-Mix, you've already got a good base right there. Pro-mix is pretty cheap and available at WM or Lowes. You'll depend more on additives and feeds but at least you won't be depending on Miracle Blow slow release fertilizers. If you can find some Earthworm castings to add you're golden.

Walmart actually carries the Fox Farms Trio and you can have it sent to you're local store instead of your home. Also I believe they carry some of the Happy Frog line from FF as well.

MG will work, but other things work a lot better. My opinion, return the MG, get some pro-mix, start growing.