Soil Help Please Anyone?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tubbsy41, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Morning GC :wave:
    I need a little help with my soil.
    Could anyone tell me a simple mixture that I can use that isn't to complicated for a noob?
    I was looking around a local shop of mine (non-garden centre) and they had some alright looking stuff, but every single one had feed in it for a minimum of 3 weeks, can I use this soil or does it need to have no feed in it what so ever?
    If it can have feed in the soil I'll add some photos that I took to see if any of you guys thinks the soils okay,
    Cheers
    :smoke:

2. fox farm ocean forest is good stuff. can use it right out of the bag. has good nuterients for about a month,is all organic. you can use pure foxfarm or mix a little dirt in with it. i like a little dirt mixed in. good luck

3. does farm fox ocean have nutes in it?

Sent from my HTC Desire C

4. it does have nutes. yes you can use it. perfect for a noob or experienced grower.  has perfect balance. trust me. ask the workers at you local hydroponic or grow store.they are pretty knowledgable fellas.

5. we don't have farm fox over here in the UK I don't think, I'd have to get it shipped over and that'd be too expensive

6. To be honest with you I use miracle grow with my grow and havent had any problems with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. doesn't that have strong frets? Do you use it from seedling all the way thru to harvest?

8. #8 RichardDean, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
    Fuck ocean forest or happy frog the quality has dipped and the bags come with labels in Cali now statingit contains products known to cause cancer. Pretty weak if ya ask me. I build my own soil. Simple super soil : base mix is 3 equal parts of peat perlite and earthworm castings. Then youadd 4 cups rock dust per cubic foot and 2 to 3 cups of dry ammendmentssuch as (alfalfa, kelp, and balanced dry mix like plant tone), cup of dolomite lime, half cup soft rock phosphate, half cup greensand. mix it up and let her cook up for 4 weeks mininum. Then your ready to plant andjust water nonutes needed.

9. Don't use MG unless you like nutes in your bud when you harvest.

10. Yes i use all the way. I have used it for seedling and clones. Heres some pics that are two weeks apart. Mind u that i super crop and f.i.m so they would be twice the size and same results in pots with no nut problems

Attached Files:

11. are you from the UK mate if so could you tell me where you get your miracle grow from? And maybe a pic so I know what I'm possibly looking for

12. Sorry not all the way, by harvest time most or all the nuts should be gone depending on your grow but im pretty sure if your doing indoor or pots its diffrenet.

13. #13 RichardDean, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
    yeah miracle gro is garbage and also contains cancerous chemmies you cant flush from the plant. Ur also poisoning the earth itself. For shame on anyone usingthat horrible shit.

14. Well shame on me than and half the people who grow :( Last time that i heard it's not illegal to use cause it does supposably what u say it does, just cause u dont agree with the way some grows or uses doesnt mean u can make rude ass comments.

15. yeah miracle gro is garbage and also contains cancerous chemmies you cant flush from the plant. Ur also poisoning the earth itself. For shame on anyone usingthat horrible shit.
    </blockquote> I think I'm going to get a tomato grow bag then add some perlite, could you recommend anything else to add?

16. Just so y'all know, I'm growing the joint doctors autoflower easy Ryder

17. Majority of professional growers suchas myself grow 100 percentorganically, no chemmies here. So wouldnt say most people use it thats ignorant and i can make any statements I want with plants like these :p IMG_20130615_160031.jpg

18. to be totally honest I have 3 seeds and will try something different on each to see which tastes the best, gives a bigger yield, etc...
    So calm down everyone grows to their preferences lads :)

19. So so sorry that we all cant be so called professionals :( I didnt know that there were professionals and its a sport, i thought u called it being an "EXPERT" but what do i know.

20. 19 states and counting have legal medical marijuana industries now. It has indeed become a legit profession.