1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

soil container question

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by JIMBO33, Jan 24, 2003.

1. I am looking to do a small sea of green grow in soil. I know sqaure containers provide more soil/per space than circular pots. I was planning on using 1 or 2 gallon square containers. For the small sea of green plants, that should be enough soil right? But my real question is this. Can you use rectangular potting trays to pot like 5 plants in a row? It seems like you'd pay less that buying individual pots and the plants will have less of a chance of becoming root bound. Any comments or experience with this?

2. I think what you would end up with is an oversized, indoor windowbox. I like the idea of a growbox that is the same dimensional shape as the room it's in. I'll do that next grow...take some plywood or Linoleum and fit it to the floor and then build the sides of the box right up against the walls. Probably stick a 2X4 in each corner and make provisions for mounting the light fixtures. Line it with some kind of tarp or plastic sheet and fit a door on the 4th wall that just clears the wall of the box when opened and closed. I wish I had a miniture enclosed spiral staircase with handrails. That would make an interesting structure to build a grow space from. Three or four plants on each step. Wow. Dream on...

3. if i were you i'd make sure that each plant had it's own pot....so that if any turn pout male then you can remove them without any stress to the other plants....instead of trying to seperate the roots or cut out the males.....Peace out....Sid

4. i agree with sid ,that can cause alot of stress on the roots..........holla back sagerocka

Grasscity Deals Near You