Soil composition

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 420Blazin24/7, Jul 26, 2017.

1. I'm using 14 7 gallon smart pots for greencrack and purple kush bought from CKS and I will be growing in a greenhouse. So I bought all the things to add to my soil which is 50/50 compost and topsoil. I bought a 18 gallon bag of perlite so I could add a gallon of perlite to each smart pot and I also bought a 5 kg brick of coco coir that I haven't rehydrated yet so idk how much I will be able to add to each pot but it will only be going on the top anyways. Anyways the question is does this soil comp sound good until I start adding bottled nutrients?

2. Make sure you flush the brick well. Before adding seedlings, make sure you water the pots with a light npk, and calmag with solution phed to 6.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

3. What brand should I buy to make this solution and should I use ph up and down to adjust to make sure it is at 6?

4. There are many different nutrients out there you can effectively use in coco. And yes you can use pH up or down to adjust your feed. Always feed nutrients, and calmag though. With mine I feed npk very lightly for first 2 weeks and slowly increased the strength. I am all the way to npk 6-2-4 and I feed to runoff. With coco you always want runoff. Another thing before switching to flowering nutrients make sure you thoroughly flush medium.

5. Should the calmag and nutrients be combined in the same bottle for watering?

7. Also I'm using fox farm bottled nutrients.

8. Just remember, do not give them high dose. Only after 2 weeks slowly increase dose. Main thing with coco, you have to watch your plants closely, your leafs will tell you your problems.

9. Should I be looking for deficiencies and overdosing signs?

10. They are not autos I tried growing autos and failed

11. Yes you would be looking for def or over doing it. Photos are a little easier to grow in general. In coco def can happen fast but can be corrected fast. Just check your plants daily. Just a quick look through and you will be fine. Once you get the hang of it, will be almost a automatic grow and you will know exactly what to do.

12. I'm not doing all coco I'm using it to help keep water in the smart pots because I have used them in my regular garden and they dry out fast and because it served as a good medium over peat moss. But adding coco to the mix will help correct things faster?

13. I don't know about mixing coco with soil honestly.

14. Well I already bought all the soil so I'm committed and I will post pics of how it works for me