Soil Brands List

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GigZ-16, Apr 6, 2008.

1. I have only used MG soil but Moisture control is the only one that has worked for me
    African Violet drains too slow
    Seeding root one burns my plants
    Nute release burned them also
    I am going to try the organic next

One I have noticed is the moisture control drains awesome and seems to have a consistent water schedule

2. Wats up GC so I found some soil called Jungle Growth Organic Potting soil, and it's what I'm using right now, it has good nutes. and has time release ORGANIC ferts. It is doing great for me picked it up at Lowes!!! So try it it works!:smoke:

3. I've used MG Moisture Control exclusively for my last several grows without a problem. I used to brag that I never added nutes and had awesome results. My current grow is finishing up and my leaves are burnt all to hell. I'm not sure what happened this time around, I am a fairly experienced grower and did everything exactly the same. Even though the leaves have nute burn, there is a lot of bud that will be harvested. I'm concerned about the taste but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm considering using Foxfarm Ocean Forest for my next grow. More money, more nutes needed... but I'm going to give it a try.

Best of luck with your grow!

4. im currently using ffof and take a look at the results

i have had some ph problems but its probably my fault

Attached Files:

5. Roots Organic also puts out several good products. I bought their potting soil mix and it rocks. nice and light, great drainage it is great stuff highly recommended.

6. Last post on this thread was back in December. Im hoping to bump this back to the current threads in order to get some more feedback on whats out there. Im back at the drawing boards with my choice of soil...so far, I have used MG (regular?), Super Soil and Kellog Premium...The MG I used was okay but I was getting burnt up plants. One of my first mother plants is still in Super Soil...she is like a little tree but she has a butt load of gnats...the Kellog's premium is not looking good at all...my plants are all brown (this is my second time around with this brand). I have no idea what I am doing wrong with this stuff...I had to cut back on nutes when I was using the MG and now Im not sure how much I need to kick in with the Kellog's.

I live too far from the closest place that sells Fox Farms...so that is not a practical idea for me in the long run...(unless this stuff is just that damn great?)

Im imterested in the MG organic...I hear that its good for plants from start to finish? Has anyone got any input that they can offer for this brand? Thanks!

7. bump...

8. Oke, my turn now
    i use BioBizz All-Mix, it consists of 20% sphagnum peat moss, 35% garden peat, 10% high quality organic Worm-Humus , 30% perlite and 5% Pre-Mix. By now i can say it gave me great results, i have two 75cm tall AutoAK 4 weeks old.
    ALL-Mix i use for the original 3L pots, when i transplant to 11L pots i use BioBizzz Light-Mix cuz in this period nutes are used, so there is no need for pre fert soil.

TY

9. I'm also using biobizz all mix with decent results. I've know. People to grow all throughout using only all mix with very decent results also available is biobizz. Grow and biobizz bloom, seems to be working great with all 4 different strains that I'm growing.....

10. Anyone using MG Organic?

11. ...Promix Bx with dolomite lime and mycrorise for the young ones....Fox Farm's Ocean Forest for veg/bloom.
    ...I hear great things about Roots Organics too, and plan to give a run soon.

12. Gardner and Bloome! Along with Master Nurseries (same brand). Identical to Fox Fart and literally a small fraction of the price. And of course throw in some amendments to ANY medium and it's that much better... but seriously it's like they tattoo the Ocean Forest bag and it somehow makes it different from like ten different other brands of soil that are the same shit!

13. I mix a bag of FFOC with FFLW and some Black gold perlite. Its the perfect mix.

14. You spend a lotta money on dirt.

15. And thats my main purpose for taking interest in this thread. I want to know soils are more practical for the long term. Im still very new to this and one of my goals was to learn how to grow for extremely cheap. Fox Farms is not a soil that is sols in my area so I am trying to get information on other brands or different tricks to make other brands into better soil specifically for growing cannibas. In my area, all they have is MG brands and Kellogs...so I have to drive a while to get FF soil. I have been asking about MG organic because when I read the bag it says that it keeps plants fed for up to two months, unlike their 6-9month slow release soils...so Im wondering if this type would be better suited for our needs. If I have to drive a long way jusy to get to store where FF is sold, it kind of defeats that purpose of my own grow.

16. i Charge alot for my product =)

17. Dr. Earth organic potting soil is great for all stages! U may want to add some perlite other then that it's perfect!

18. :[ Shitty.

19. The best soil hands down in cali right now is this stuff called Empire Builder by Sanctuary Soil and Feed. It is a text book perfect soil. It is kinda hard to find right now not in a lot of hydro shops yet. They also do bulk soil.

Attached Files:

20. Those soils are not identical. NO two soils are identical. Compare for your self.

FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company (has fish and crab meal)

Gardner & Bloome Soil Products| Kellogg Garden Products

I like blends. I had good results with
    One bag FFOF, FFLW (the left over after starting the seeds) and one bag Botanicare aeration formula mix (mixed in a little heavier in the bottom of the pots).

One bag each. Roots, Vital earths Manna Mix, FFOF.
    Each has something the rest don't.
    Roots: Amazing drainage but not so many nutrients. Pumice, greensand, Feather/soy bean/alfalfa/bone meals all at low levels
    Manna: Tons of coco, organic compost, rock dust
    FFOF: Fish and crab meal,
    In addition all contain various guano, beneficial microbe and worm casting blends.

I'm gonna use the same mix again with Vital earths potting soil instead their manna mix...IMO the Roots provides enough coco.

I wanna try "Whitney Farms Organic" in the mix as well...it's really cheap, so worth a try.

Any thoughts on Whitney Farms