Soil and fertilizer questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GanjaGrower420T, Feb 20, 2012.

1. So I've dug up a couple of plots for my plants, 3x3 holes that are 1 foot deep for each plant, I plan on mixing the native soil with cow manure and then refilling the holes, I checked the soil and the ph is 6.5 or somewhere around that, is that good enough? I know it should be neutral so that's pretty close. Is my hole a good size? And is that a decent enough soil mixture?

Last thing I plan on using jack's classic fertilizer I've only ever heard good things about it, it's a basic 20-20-20 if I'm not mistaken. And from what I've read you should fertilize once a week is that correct? And if anyone has used Jack's please let me know how it faired.

So in general is this soil/feeding plan good? I'll take all the feedback I can get I'm still a noob I've been reading the grow guide on here but I just want to get some feedback thanks.

2. I would say you probably want something in addition to cow manure, something high in N for new plants, EWC and/or humus, or other organic nutrient, there are plenty of stickies around here for all this info. Other than that not a bad plan IMO, I like Jacks, the 20-20-20 is pretty strong though so be careful and don't use much too early. GL

3. [quote name='"ThePot"']I would say you probably want something in addition to cow manure, something high in N for new plants, EWC and/or humus, or other organic nutrient, there are plenty of stickies around here for all this info. Other than that not a bad plan IMO, I like Jacks, the 20-20-20 is pretty strong though so be careful and don't use much too early. GL[/quote]

Awesome thanks man

4. #4 Corto Malteze, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
    cattle manure has a good ratio of N and K, but lacks in P
    chicken manure has equal parts of NPK about. I would up my P levels (high P bat guano and/or chicken manure)

5. [quote name='"Corto Malteze"']cattle manure has a good ratio of N and K, but lacks in P
    chicken manure has equal parts of NPK about. I would up my P levels (high P bat guano and/or chicken manure)[/quote]

Ok sounds good where would I get chicken manure from? Can you buy it at like a gardening store

6. It's possible ;)

7. [quote name='"Corto Malteze"']It's possible ;)[/quote]

Hmm well if not I live in a pretty rural area so someones bound to have some chickens, thanks man props on that outdoor guide you wrote by the way that things a godsend!

8. No problem, just ask at the store