Sog

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by 420kings, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Wound ring about sog. Is there anyone that gas done this that can give me some pointers. Never done it. Is a new concept to me.

Rookie king

2. You are going to need 2-3 tents 1:Mother/s 2:Veg 3: Flower. You need a mother to make for even growing cycles, you can put your mother in the standard veg area if space allows it. You want to do something like a 4 stage flower tent and a 2-3 stage veg tent depending on how long you want to veg for and space. What ever the flower time is divide that by four and that's how long each row will stay in each stage of the tent. You can expect to have a harvest every 2-4 weeks depending on strain and once you get it down.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2 tents will do. You need a good size light for the veg area mothers but I would use a clone machine to root cuttings instead of other methods. They just seem so reliable in my experience and if you're going hydro the lack of medium stuck to the starts and the long roots the aero cloners provide are great.

I don't think you need a separate veg and mother area since veg time is generally very short just long enough to get good roots. About 2 weeks is plenty. It depends on how big your flower area is but 2 plants per square foot is typical people have went higher. I think if you top them once two per square foot works good depending on strain. So in a 4x4 flower tent you'll flower 32 plants.

This is a 32 site cloner. You could get by with a smaller one if you go with perpetual so you're starting clones every 2 weeks or so. www.amazon.com/EZ-Clone-Classic-Slot-Cutting-System/dp/B00CJIA6KA
    [​IMG]

The mothers and clones can stay on a 20 hour on/4hr off timer. Every 2-3 weeks you can take cuttings from mothers and let them root. After rooting and bulking for two weeks you can transfer them to an ebb and flow table full of hydroton in the flower side.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you are doing a SOG in soil, after they root in te cloner, do you transplant them directly in to the pot they will finish in and then only veg for 2 weeks? What size pot should they go in to if they are only vegging for 2-3 weeks?

If you are going to top them once, would you let them acclimate for a week after planting, top at then end of the first week, and then flip after the second week? Or should you top at the end of week 2 and give them an extra week to recover before flipping, so a total of 3 weeks of veg.