SoG Super Silver Haze and White Widow Max

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ghost Grow, Mar 13, 2010.

1. just came back!!!! shit looks fuckin great dude!!! glad to c ur still rockin out. when i got some time i will holla @ you later bro..

2. :D

Right on Ghost, .. This means more than ya know too me, my friend .. .. :)

Again, .. Big Thanks, .. and,

Plus 5 when I can ..

Awesome man, awesome .. .. :D :D

3. Looking good bro! :smoke: I love to see SoG grows! :hello:

4. So guys, decided to upgrade my room.

Upgrade #1 - Built a veg box for clones with 160 watts of T5 lighting. Will be good for getting them started without being too intense while the others flower.

[​IMG]

Upgrade #2 - Riggged up a yeast/sugar water CO2 generation system to float down CO2 over my babies.

[​IMG]

Afterwards, I re-organized the room to make it operate more simply and utilize the space better, as you can see:

[​IMG]

Now view from the other side:

[​IMG]

Now for the plants:

I may be a sick puppy, but I had to put my ladies in some bondage.

I put 4 into LST,

[​IMG]

2 topped,

[​IMG]

1 FIM'd,

[​IMG]

And then left the ones that were looking stressed totally alone. One broke the stem in LST, and I had to straighten it up and patch on a brace for it while the stem heals, though I don't think it will be a problem. I'll give them two days in LST and then upright them and switch to HPS and 12/12 if you guys think that sounds alright.

Plants all looking fairly healthy, although the big mixed indica had some mild nute-burn, as I keep pushing it to the edge with nutes. Have finally learned to back off a little bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. good to hear you fixed the problem you had earlier, your plants looks extremely healthy now

6. yeast/sugar water CO2 generation system ia a great idea +rep.i was just thinking where would i get a co2 tank.how much east?how much sugar?water? help me out please?

7. ^^^ yeah i thought that too, so simple and easy. also its CHEAP

8. Hey Ghost Dude, .. Hope all well .. .. ;)

I have ta confess, your journal ha the scent of a new car, .. .. Very enjoyable. Your mine .. .. lol .. lol .. ....I Kidd, .. lol .. ..

I was wondering, if perhaps you had the time, you could break down thee Neato cO2 Device ya got Pimping ..

I'd love ta know how Sugar and Yeast, .. make Ample for your Ladies .. ..

But, .. .. it a nice wake-up call, .. Refreshing to visit, ..

Thanks dude for that, .. .. n,.. ..

C ya, rounD

9. @halfA and WWM,

Following a tip on some other message boards (for a 20 oz.), I scaled up the system for my own use.

I filled a 2 Liter Bottle half full of warm water. Then I let 2 cups of sugar dissolve in it, and finally added 8 teaspoons of dry baking yeast. I shook that up to let the yeast activate and then capped the bottle, drilled a hole through the cap, added some air hose, and sticky tack putty to seal the hole around the air tube connecting to the cap (to make sure the CO2 went through the tube).

Every third day I change half the water and add 12 more tablespoons of sugar to keep feeding the yeast culture, which is continually producing CO2 with the air it takes in. Additionally, when I go in to check the grow, I always shake it up a little bit.

Although I was skeptical about this at first, I can see CO2 bubbling up out of it when I watch it, and it's nice because as you guys pointed out, it's cheap as hell, time released, and requires less work and produces more CO2 than a baking soda drip system. My plants seems to have responded well to it, too!

10. nice grow, you have a BUNCH of little baby girls ^_^. I use a similar co2 setup, and it's def. worth the few dollars to make and run.

11. Nice plants :D

Im not sure about the CO2 setup :confused: but good luck with it.
    I ran a full CO2 setup with my last setup but the reg broke and it was costly, I have fresh air in which gives them some CO2 but I don't miss the setup at all.

Stay groovy :wave: :smoke:

12. Aight, so I untied them all, splinted them up, then took off the splints.
    White Wid's reacted well and increased internode foilage immediately. Silver Haze increased foilage but deadened the upper foilage not exposed to sun and took the hit harder. Note to self: Silver Haze would be great for screen growing, but doesn't take LST very well.

Switched out to the HPS bulb and on 12/12 so this is Day 1 of flowering.

All my babies:
    [​IMG]

Big Indy:
    [​IMG]

White Widow:
    [​IMG]
    You can see that low micro-growth I'm talking about that really popped with the LST.

View from under canopy:
    [​IMG]
    I like to imagine this as a forest full of weed trees that I am walking around in. Maybe I'm just high right now...Oh yes, yes I am.

Anyway, I love Grass City. It's sweet to have found such a great community with people as passionate as I am about cannabis. My girl is nagging me to quit staring at the plants and give her some attention (which isn't hard, haha), so I gotta peace now, but for the record, I'll be back stateside next year, so if any of you are in the tri-state area, you're always welcome to visit for a smoke out. :smoke::smoke::smoke: Especially White Widow Man and Thunderfuck. :cool:

13. Hey Ghost Grow :wave:

I'll read up on what's been going on with your grow and I'll be back :smoke: I see you have some company :) Hey Thunder, WWM :wave: both good blades :cool:

14. Hey Doin :wave: I'll help make all the plants Fugly and you and WWM can fix em :p

15. High Ghost. Everything looks good :D

You asked me about how to increase yield, so here are my thoughts on the subject :p

1. topping
    2. LST
    3. Scrog

Aside from keeping your plants happy and healthy the above are ways that I've seen noticeably increase yield in both soil and hydro. The three combined produce pretty darn good results IMO :cool:

I'm not a soil grower, but do know a thing or two that I've picked up from reading some great journals: WWM, Sergio, AugustWest, Myles117, LBH, jbyrd, veneers5, some others that I can't think of atm, and Thunder's ;)

Do you have a way to test your runoff ph? Sorry if you've already said I don't remember seeing anything about ph testing. If not, I'd get a ph tester ;)

So far you're doing a great job man, good luck. I'm pulling up my chair :bongin:

Hey Thunder :wave:
    we need more fugly plants around here, so for my next run I'm gonna have fugly plants just for fun :D

16. @doin....Okay, I've tried those so far and am gaining experience, but I still haven't done a screen. I'm thinking the Silver Haze could do really well with a screen as it is nice and supple and easy to position (that's what she said!). I'm reading up on Scrog grows right now. If you happen to know of particularly awesome guide, please send it my way; if not, I'll just keep skimming GC. Also, thanks for the list of users with good grows, I'll make sure to go through their journals.

@TF...props for using the world fugly on my journal! i take a shine to cuss word combo's...my favorite are: bitchkin (munchkin + bitch), fucktard, and fexy (fucking sexy)

17. :wave: screens do an awesome job, I'd check out the journals instead of looking for a guide. There are some awesome screen grows around here. I have not tried one yet :eek: I like to tie, top and supercrop but a screen looks like the way to go.

I wish I had been the first person on GC to use the word Fugly but the first time I heard that word was on here when people was talking about my plants, well they are fooking Fugly :p :D :wave:

18. Hey Ghost :wave:

Some scrog journals: Budslinger, LBH, veeners5, jbyrd, mmmmick, prplhz, there's a scrog off thread, and a show your scrog thread (probably in the advanced section), AskEd, and so many others that I can't think of atm. Hope this helps :smoke:

19. Aight, plants three days into flowering and looking good.

[​IMG]

White widows looking alright:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big Mixed doing okay, growing two top shoots instead of one since I topped it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

However, just as all the plants were looking sharp, I'm starting to get some leathery leaves:

[​IMG]

As well as a plant that developed holes. New growth is looking a bit leathery on a few, too.

[​IMG]

I gave them the first dose of Fox Farm's Open Sesame this feeding at 1/4 dose with a bit of plain water afterwards, but I've decided to go ahead and flush the soil completely next feeding in all of them.

Also, FIMing (halfway topping) has worked out really well...The plant I did it on now has three shoots coming out of one node and healed faster than the topped ones. I've decided to FIM instead of top from now on.

Anyway, for now things going alright with a beautiful smell. Have tried supercropping on a few of the widows.:smoking:

20. :wave:Hey Ghost, happy 420, nice looking plants you got there :smoking::D