sog. skip veg. clones straight to 12/12

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lulzkilla, Apr 6, 2011.

1. I am on a short time scale so I need a fast grow. I will be putting my clones straight to flower. I have a couple questions about this.
    1. Should I veg for a couple days or will this really not make a difference?
    2. Once I switch to flower, should I use any root stimulator with my flowering formula, or should I only use that during a veg period.
    3. Any recommendations for nutrients that would assist in a grow like this?

muchas gracias

2. cant rush nature.. it probably wont be worth your time.. sry dude

3. You need auto flowers and perfect growing conditions for a fast harvest ^^ "Can't rush nature" but hydro isn't really natural. :D
    best of luck

4. This is simply not true. I have a 4week old girl that has been 12/12 since day 5. Not a clone but from seed. At week 4 it is taller bushier and much farther along in the process than my last plant that i vegged for a month. If I hadn't lst'd and fim'd her a few times she would be even farther along. Last grow vegged 4 weeks then switched to 12/12. 2weeks later i saw the first female sex organs. This plant is allready covered in female sex organs and i can see that buds are about to start forming. So simply from comparing these two grows I have basically grown 1 3/4months worth of normal 18/6 growth in 1month flat. Now I'm not saying it will be like this for everyone. Just sayiing that is what has happened in this experiment. For me 12/12 from seedling is well worth it so far. As far as yeild. Don't expect some hellacious amount. That isnt what im aiming for though. Just wanted to see how quickly I can accomplish this. I think 2 1/2 months from start to finish on some random bagseed will be a good goal to reach. Imon t pretty sure I will do so. Give it a shot man, you won't be dissapointed. Especially if you are short on time.

Peace and good luck,

Schism:smoke:

5. #5 greenbowlpacker, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
    The first two comments dont know what there talking about.....

It has been done with fantastic results especially using hydro.

Here another grower docbud from a forum who ran 12/12 using hempy buckets and was on a time schedule. The plants will grow one main cola most of the time and you can still get a good yield for the amount of time.

Un-Lucky Queen 12/12 Hempy - 420 Magazine

Also hydro is in nature ever heard of a underground water tables that trees dip there roots in?

6. y did you quote me and say This is simply not true what were you referring to exactly?

Your comparing two grows like its science, when really it could just be that your plants phenotype enjoying 12/12 more than another strain would.

You didn't say what hourage of light you had on the plant for the 5 weeks before your 12/12 if it was 24 or even 18 what your saying is basic horticulture, plants will flower much sooner on a photo-period of 16-8 than 18 or 20, 12/12 from seed is basically all out for sex organs, no surprise that you got flowers but if you could go into that plant you would find elevated amounts of the plant hormone Ethylene which is produced more at night and plants that have to much night, over 10 hours, will sustain inhibiting of leaf expansion due to high levels of Ethylene.

7. Have i heard of underground water tables lol, don't get fiesty with me. Obviously your just looking for an argument but the fact is that water tables are far below roots, basic hydro 101 roots can't sit in water with out oxygen. they would just die, exceptions being varies adapted trees that live in water.

Someone said you can rush nature and i disagree because hydro simulates a near perfect environment never found in nature. Argue if you must. I think you should take it a little less seriously

8. #8 MINGLED, Apr 7, 2011
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?7063b73124.jpg

works for me, almost no veg. the picture is 81 in 4x4 pots in coco. will finish with about30 grams or so of each and transplanted into 6 inch square pots after flowering for a week or so. pretty easy to get about 2 lbs a light this way. but you gotta be in coco or hydro. coco is better in my opinion, because a drain to waste system flushes better and more often. good luck. oh, and don't mess with anything inder 1000 watts for sheer size and density. and let em finish, get a microscope! they put on tons of weight when it looks like they're just sitting there doing nothing........
    i don't use c02, as fresh air is just so much more important. and maintain ph and EC

9. A SOG isn't rushing nature in that it allows a full, regular flowering period. Nor does a SOG require auto-flowering plants.

The OP seems to understand SOG well enough and has two specific questions. To those:

- You can veg before putting the lights to 12/12, sure, and that will only improve your yield because you are growing a bigger plant -- provided you give enough root volume. But you can't grow a bigger plant in a small container, the roots won't be able to grow big enough to support it, and of course that will add to your timetable. Whether you can afford to take the additional time is up to you. Keep in mind that even under 12/12 those clones won't be "flowering" right away, they still will essentially veg for at least a little bit. And if you do want to give actual veg lighting to start I would do it for no less than a week, otherwise not sure there would be much point except to delay your harvest.

- I don't think a root stimulator is necessary. If a soil grow mix some mycorrhizae in, that will help your roots as much as they need.

10. #10 greenbowlpacker, Apr 7, 2011
    I dont know what you were told about water tables :rolleyes:

Heres hydro 102 for you ;)

phreatophyte: A deep-rooted plant that obtains water from a permanent ground supply or from the water table.

Yes oxygen does need to be in the water or root rot will occur this is why trees root systems just dip partially into the water.

Look at a hempy bucket the roots sit in the bottom two inches of water with out root rot. I wonder where they got that idea:confused_2:

You dont need auto flowers for a fast harvest unless your growing outside under natural light...

:wave:

11. You don't have to go goggling looking for where i was wrong, i actually know what Phreatophytes are, What do you suppose i was referring to when i said "exceptions being varies adapted trees that live in water."

hempy bucket are crap, root rot doesn't occur if the water is changed enough, But guess what, Pot DOESN'T like their roots in straight water, and using the fact that they don't rot as proof that its good is foolish. It will Always do way way better with an air stone in the water, not to mention that when you oxygenate water you kill off bad bacterias.

12. think we just have different definitions of fast. seedling to harvest in 55-70 days is fast, And the only way your gonna get fast results like that is some real old clones or auto flowers...

13. I wish my friend that I helped out would have made a grow journal using the strain bogglegum it flowers between 42-47 days (there's also other strains that flower about the same amount of time) with no veg it will finish before 70 days and is a very potent strain. Also you dont need to keep your lights on as long. :) That to me is fast.

Why would I need to google it to prove you wrong when I clearly stated above "ever heard of a underground water tables that trees dip there roots in" Obviously I already knew about Phreatophytes why else would i say that...

Also "exceptions being varies adapted trees that live in water." would be hydrophytes which live in water. But im sure you already knew that as well :rolleyes:

Im guessing you never have tried a hempy bucket but if you do a simple search the results are clear. I dont need any proof that the roots dont rot to tell you that.

I grow both hempy and dwc the hempy are oxygenated by the perlite. I find the hempy alot less work with out having to check the ph everyday and dumping the reservoir. Also they can be grown outside with out a need for electricity.

Even in my dwc I use Hygrozyme for bacteria as well as hempys even though I havent had any problems with out it.

14. I didn't say the the roots rot, I don't have time to be misquoted, also who the fuk checks their ph daily?! Mine is right on for 10 days at a time or more. An Air pump is only 25 w of electricity
    the roots will thrive more

15. No I didn't misquote you said just because the fact roots don't rot doesn't make it good and im saying if u do a simple search those are my facts that its good. Ya if you use a big reservoir you wont need to check you ph often. Its not how much power the pump uses but growing outside you can be in a area away from power without having to run a super long extension cord. Or even a area where powers isn't available.

16. Please just stop posting. Oxygen is in water, trees respire with Co2 through there leaves. Please for the love of god just stop posting.

17. Anywho, OP keep us posted on how it goes. I think you should go for it. I am having nothing but great results so far.

Peace,

Schism:smoke:

18. lol it's funny when people still can't accept they're wrong, even when it's been flat out spelled out for them.. contradictions and backflips.. reminds me of politics :rolleyes:

anyhow lulzkilla, I rekon go for it dude! I've been reasearching this techinque too, and it looks very appealing.. here's a few good links i've come across that you might be interested in:

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/716406-trichome-fiends-zero-veg-minifarm.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/156593-get-harvest-every-2-weeks.html

19. root to fruit done it plenty of times. Dont recommend it Average about 1/4 oz But is done and proven.

20. hows the potency in comparison, do you know?