SOG question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nueb, Nov 2, 2007.

1. if I am going to do the SOG method, what gallon pots would you recommend using? I know rule of thumb is 1 gallon to 1 foot plant ( that is wot I heard anyways) and if Im SOGing obviously they will be small plants so what is a good height to keep them to, wot size pot.... I want to get a decent yield from each though. also how much space should be between each pot/plant? can I just row pots up or do they need room? THX.

2. i am a complete newb, but

i belive rule of thumb is 1 plan per square foot, and i think SoG, you want to put the plants very tight together..

so id assume right next to eachother..

dont take my word..

3. i use the SOG method and i use 2 gallon pots. my plants usually don't get more than 2 feet tall before harvest time. 2 gallon pots are easy to pick up and manage too. you can put a bunch in quite a small space. this is the size i would recommend for SOG

4. where do you get your 2 gal pots?...i like that size, do you buy at wal-mart or have a special container you use?...thanx.

5. How often do you harvest? basiclly I have a area that is 6' long 4.5 feet high, and 3.5 deep. I have 4 gallon pots in there and with the height of the pot that leaves me 3 feet of growing space. so i am sure with a 2 gallon pot i would be just fine with the height how many do you think I could comfortably fit in that area? is there a sticky on here for SOGing?

6. ah yes I seen ur thread b4 and checked it out. very very nice but whenyou give ur plant size is that 33" prior to flowering? I am sort of following ur thread hehehe to get my sog started. Ive had a platn or two in the window for personale' use but just nuthin that good or any decent shit on a regualr basis so Ive made the step to a little bit bigger productionline. I definately will be reading and re read and re re reading that thread, sometmes when ur high u just dont absorb. lol. very nice grow BTW. can I PM you with a few questions?

7. oh dude, i do not take credit at all for that thread, nor am i a experienced grower, i havent even put my feet in the water yet man, im still setting up, planning and reading..

Sorry, but i did howerver track down the owner of that thread, and Al B fuct, is a great guy and will answer any question ( or did to mine anyhow ) you have.

8. OK ....first of all SOG does not have a 1gallon to a ft. rule.
    That is nonsense....SOG in soil/soil like mixes uses 1 gallon pots 4 per sq. ft. they are 6" x 8.5 tall.

For Hydro you can use Wool cubes or net pots either ebb and flow or DWC or SWC or NFT but you would never use a 2 gallon pot it defeats the whole purpose of a SOG. (unless you put 4 clones in each one)

If the pots and plants are not packed in as tight as they can fit in any given space....it's not a SOG its simply flowering Plantlets which also works well but wastes space and light
    <LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>
    [​IMG]

This is a good example of a SOG plant she is in a 16 soda bottle and finished at 82 grams (21 dried) and she grew in a 3"x3" space in a 2sq. ft. SOG with 26 of her sisters.

Use 1 gallon pots and pack them under your light for a real SOG.
    Good Luck :)

9. wow very nice buds