Sog Perpetual Grow Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by StewGotDank, May 13, 2014.

1. Hey all, I've done my research for a couple of years and am now a couple of weeks into flower on my first grow. Everything went okay mostly just trial and error as that is the best way for me to learn. Learned a lot about deficiencies, plant health and just hydroponics itself. So i started with 6 plants, 3 bagseed (just for test plants pretty much) and another 3 from attitude, Bulldog Sour D , Blue OG, and a freebie autoflower Biodiesel. The bagseed got huge quiiiick and later i found out they were males. I honestly didn't like how big they got because it caused problems in terms of my vertical space. Not sure if it was just because they were bagseed or jus because they were vegged a week longer than the attitude seeds but i doubt that. 

So i was pretty much wondering how beneficial an sog grow is in terms of yield, as opposed to growing like 6 plants per 1000w. I know most will just tell me to look in already posted threads but i have read countless threads and they are all just on the fence, so im asking the community for their opinion. 

To be specific I have two different grow areas. Veg is under a 600w metal halide with a 4x2 ebb and flow system. Im curently flowering in the same area with my last three plants, under a 1000w hps. My other flower room isnt assembled at the time but I have 11x10x8 room for flower.

I have 2 HPS lights to work with, both air cooled 1000w.I have a 3x6 flood table but was thinking of getting two 4x4s for better light distribution with the two lights. I also have a t5 that i use for my soil veg (works fantastic honestly) So given my equipment and space, what would you guys all suggest I do? Stick with the big plants or do the sog? Keep in mind plant count is not an issue. Thanks All. P.s., ive had a quite a bit of suggestions for scrog, my main goal is to have a perpetual harvest going with a decent yield, as much as possible with my equipment or anything additional. All advice on sea of green is welcomed

2. Whatever the numbers as long as you adequately fill the canopy the yields will be about the same. However, SOG requires very little vegging so harvests come more often. SOG being short plants are well suited to areas with low height, and also taller systems NFT and F&D. ScrOG is a great way to fill out the canopy, and keep it even, but it requires longer veg time. As you are using very large lights I would be inclined to grow very large plants to make use of all that light penetration 

3. Thanks GoldGrower i just noticed your reply. I am doing a soil grow which i will be doing with scrog for personal use, all organic. Ive never done scrog but from my understanding its a very beneficial method. I also have a flood and drain setup dedicated to yield so i was hoping to get the most out of it, which i heard was sog in terms of hydro