SOG from Seed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenthumbber, Jun 21, 2009.

1. So as the title implies, im going to be doing a SOG from seed. i plan on pulling out a mother so i can go from clones next time. My question is how to grow the plants to a point that will show signs of sex, while keeping them small and young? keeping in mind, i dont want to do anything to them that would mess up potential mothers. Thanks.
    -Thumb

2. When my new lights arrive within the next few weeks i will be doing much the same as you. I have thought about this as well and I have come up with the idea to veg (18/6) about 6 - 8 plants til they have about 3 or 4 leaf sets, start to flower and if/when they are showing sex then either take a clone off a female (can do this during flowering) and use this as the mother. OR let it full flower out, harvest the plant leaving main stalk, some lower branches and small popcorn buds[this may need longer veg time]. It is possible to re-veg a plant after it has been harvested if few budsites are left.

There are topics on both flowering clones and re-vegging in these forums, use the Search button and they should pop up.