SOG closet grow...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Taz410, Jun 19, 2017.

1. I have a 3 ft by 2ft closet I plan on doing a sea of green for my 2nd grow. All dwc... I have 4 gallon square buckets from my work there about 1sq ft. I could fit 8 buckets in the closet... With a sea of green thats how close you want them right 1 every sq ft. I have four 1 month old autos in there now and one 2 week old one. 1 of my month old one is stunted n in a small pot. But with the 5 plants I do have a little room... Is 8 to many? IMG_20170619_123454.jpg IMG_20170619_123432.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. You just gotta see how many you can fit in at a time. We cant tell you.. To hard to judge.

Also it looks like you have heat issues

3. Yea its been like mid to high 90s when its real hot out.. Is that a problem??. But with sea of green I try to fit as many as I can in there??

4. Just remember more plants doesnt equal more yeild

5. A pound would be awesome in a 3ft by 2ft.is that even possible? I have 2 nice dwc in there now with looks like a lot of bud sites. My air pot is also doing nice but the small 2 gallon bucket plant is just small.. I was just experimenting the 1st time. My next one is gonna be all dwc besides maybe 1 soil air pot.. I want to get good with soil also... Im just debating on doing 6 or 8plants... If I go by growweedeasy.com it said a proper SOG is 1 plant per sq ft... I just don't see how the plant will be able to grow being so close . cause I can fit 8 of my buckets in the closet.. I guess when it comes time I'll take pics with the 8 buckets in there.n see what everyone says

6. It comes down to light really more light more potential yeild along with plant training

7. With enough light and training 1 plant could produce a pound in there

8. How about 24 1 gallon grow bags at 12/12 from seed? I mean you would have to say fuck it and use soil, but oh well. Should net you somewhere around a lb or so. It would be a LOT of work but they will be nice small plants easy to manage. You would have to water every day most likely but you could do MANY different strains which is always fucking awesome.

9. I like the idea of diff strains I got think diff, mazar, girl scout, and guerilla glue on its way... I was just so happy with the hydro results.. And yea I deft can't do 6 hydro buckets in there no way... Maybe 4 but that's pushing it. I was running out of room with the plants I have in now four 5 week o!d and one 3 week old... I took my smallest one and screwed the bucket to the wall above the light... And took the reflector off. Any thoughts or anyone done anything similar. I was thinking of doing 1 more on the other side
    IMG_20170622_090026.jpg IMG_20170622_090013.jpg

10. I wouldnt take the reflector off youll be losing the lumens being directed back down

11. I've recently downsized to a closet slightly larger than yours using a 400 watt HPS attempting four mature girls in 5gal pots; also have a free standing cabinet using a full spectrum 300 watt LED with room for one more that will be scrogged through the middle shelf. I veg for two months on 20/4 with one topping at fifth node and aggressive LST until short hours. This promotes on average eight mains to share the love come flower time. This early upgrade is a few weeks short of her two months but was overwhelming her two other sisters in veg. Two ahead of this one just went into the other room but this will remain on long hours for just a bit more.
    IMAG0367.JPG IMAG0372.JPG