soft white light bulbs

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by whatyoulookinat, Jun 14, 2009.

1. can i use these for vegging? they are 90 watts. if so how many would i need for two plants? also i germed two other seeds and i was wondering could i leave them in a window seal until there done vegging or will it not work? my plan is to veg two in my grow box and two in the window seal as a expirement. sorry for the hassle and thanks in advance

2. u can but the plants gonna stretch....i would go to the search button & press advance search and then title search and type soft light....when done look up daylight that should help:wave:

3. If you are referring to incandescent bulbs, no. Their method of light prodution gives off most of the light on the red side of the spectrum which promotes ridiculous stem growth and they also give off lare amounts of heat. If you mean 90w equivalent CFLs, I wouldn't reccomend it for the same stem growth reason, although the effect will be greatly reduced. Daylight temperature CFLs are the best lamps vor vegging besides metal halide HIDs.