Soda Water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tree414, Jun 16, 2009.

1. I work in a restaurant and recently thought of using soda water to increase CO2 levels and also possibly raise the humidity in my growbox. I know this isnt a new idea but i couldnt find any posts relating directly to soda water and CO2. If anyone could help me out by schooling me on the pros and cons of this it would be greatly appreciated. Also any help on humidity, humidifiers, and making sure you have enough airflow would be greatly appreciated. I know this plays major for the plants success and i want to be sure i have it right.

2. im pretty sure you have to have non-sodium containing water for reasons that ganja doesnt generally like salt i think. well i live in london and so far its pretty hard to find it.

good luck

3. Whatever you do, DO NOT use soda water to feed you plants. If you are talking about puting a bucket of soda water in your grow room and letting the CO2 bubble out of the water into your environment,.... that will THEORETICALLY work. However, I seriously doubt that there is enough CO2 in a bucket of soda water to increase the PPM of CO2 to the appropriate levels to effect growth.

Even if there were enough CO2 in a bucket of Soda water, there is no way to control and manage the PPM.

If you can't afford to a CO2 tank and a regulator...you dont need it.

4. ive seen a few people actually have fizzy water and put it in a clean garden sprayer and just spray the plant with it.. apparently that works?

5. I have no doubt you have seen that done before... however, the facts still remain the same. There is not enough CO2 in reasonable amounts of carbonated water to have a desired effect. CO2 needs to be at a PPM of 1300 - 1500 (for the grow room) to have an effect.