Soda vs. Pop

Discussion in 'General' started by EuropeanVW, Apr 8, 2004.

?

Soda or pop?

1. Soda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. i was told once that "coca cola" had traces of cocaine in it, like back in the 50's or something, is there any truth in this?

and i know of people who used to add 2 asprin in a can, and it gave them a buzz, so coke had to remove a chemical that reacted with the asprin........Peace out...........Sid

2. I'm not sure if it had actual cocaine in it, but I believe it was flavored with coca leaves.

3. yes it did have real coke, lol.....it really did, i aint playin, lol......

my grandpa told me about how his pops would always be poppin a coke open and drinkin it constantly.....like he was addicted......

but when they took out the coke, it went down hill and now Pepsi is the best.....

4. Coca-Cola was named back in 1885 for its two "medicinal" ingredients: extract of coca leaves and kola nuts. Just how much cocaine was originally in the formulation is hard to determine, but the drink undeniably contained some cocaine in its early days.

Yup it's true Sid. Check here for the whole story:

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.asp

5. lemonade or soft drink .

6. this man is right.

theres only one name.. coke.

Further explantion:

Pepsi= coke
    sprite= coke
    root beer= coke

Need I go further?

I love the south :D

7. soda
    the only soda i drink tho is either dr. pepper or mr. pibb (now called 'pibb xtra' i think)

.//chris

8. Man, the south is weird. So if I was in a resturaunt and asked, "What kind of coke do you have?" They would respond with something like, "Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, etc." Damn, thats a trip, haha.

9. Gee golly, Miss Sara, it sure would be swell if you'd let me take you out for a soda pop.

:D

10. Haha, aren't you an older guy Pot Geek? Shit, thats probably the way you macked it to the girls back in your days. :)

11. Yea...Kola Nut is a natural source of caffeine used in Coca-Cola. I'd rather they mixed it with Guarana as well for that extra "boost" :D.

12. I think it's more convenient than weird. At least you don't have to ask "Do you have (insert name here)?" over and over.

Definitely a stoner perk...

13. Hah, true. Although I rarely ask if they have a certain kind. Usually just ask which kind of soda they have, and ge tthe whole run down. :)

14. lmao, i swear to you they will. It's a lot cooler than it sounds :cool:

haha :D

15. hah yeah yo i was thinkin that same thing

i call it KOOL AID... acutally soda but kool aid is tres incroyable

16. i remember when i was a wee lad i asked for pot instead of pop at a restaurant cuz i thought it was called pot...i guess it was destined

17. i used to live in houston where it was soda until i moved to washington. sadly i've conformed with everyone else says here, pop, which makes you sound like a little kid. i got made fun of for calling it soda!

18. I made the move from L.A. to Spokane, Washington and had to deal with the same thing. They I went to New York, and got made fun of for calling it pop. Crazy world...

19. /\/\/\

yeah thats basically how it goes except I dont like Dr. pepper. if you ask for 'Tea' here you wont get a hot cup of tea either, I dont know how common ice tea is in other places. Thats definatly what i dig when i am thirsty, a nice big glass of swwet tea with lemon. A coke can be most any soft drink.