Societal Decline & Going Galt

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by hibodharma, May 29, 2017.

1. I believe this to be capitalist punishment, arguing the case of customers are always right on the money, mentality. This drives profit to marginalize the benefit of others lest they speak nomenclature of dead presidents.
    Steadfast belief in a broken system to run a deficit economy pressures monopolies to mitigate collateral damage with minimum wage, keeping class warfare the struggle through the ages. Should esoteric values be reinstated and reinserted into value principles we take for granted we could have egalitarian justice and prosperity for the many. If only self awareness were taught in school instead of paycheck awareness we could fix a systemic problem of greed manifestation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Man, I was going to go to Thailand for who knows how long and just live a simple life and my relatives all thought I lost my mind and told me to just do something normal and go to Vegas or something.

Sometimes I wish I could just shed a physical body and just go wherever, whenever. That would be awesome I think.

Sent from my Z717VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Why not, man? There are some places in Thailand like Phuket or Pattaya that blow Vegas away and have crazy shows. Once tired of that scene, one can chill on a beach small island, or go trekking in the jungle. It's funny that there are so many young people interested and going to Thailand, like they want to break free and see what else is out there.

I took a semester off from college and went to Thailand, Cambodia a few years ago, it completely changed the trajectory of my life in a positive sense. Just listen to your instincts and what they are saying

4. More and more I see people dropping out of the rat race, quitting full time slavery for a part time day job (to pay the bills) in order to free up more time to really live. Cryptocurrencies challenging the financial system and banks, interest in off-grid applications steadily rising, people choosing to live in vans, houses, alternative living options. This is a beautiful thing to see.

When faced with issues like affordable housing, rather than give up and tie oneself to thirty or more years paying thousands to banks for a mortgage- some are choosing different paths. These creative solutions are helping to solve problems, and also raising questions like "why do we need to live this way if it is so expensive and inefficient?" "Why are we paying hundreds and thousands of dollars for a cheaply built house that will require constant maintenance and repairs?" Stone houses are still around after thousands of years and cost little to build.

A society that tries to stamp out creativity, problem solving and alternative ways of thinking can only temporarily delay it, as like nature, with time it will reclaims its rightful place. I think we are in the beginning of a sort of Renaissance aided by widespread information, innovative technology and increased accessibility for all people. The world is really opening up to all of us

5. Know what? I'm going to quote something from Carrol Quigley's Tragedy and Hope.
    Essentially, just like the people of the industrial revolution, and likewise the people who had to live through Hitler's Nazi Germany, we are forced to resonate with the fact that there are people who are important out there and there people who are not. We'd like to think ourselves as children of the Divine, proverbially speaking. But out of the short days i have lived, i know how to recognize that suffering in this lifetime, is always going to outweigh our joy. Life in a uphill battle, and we will always lose at the end. But even then, we must fight regardless. The only justice that exists in this world, is the type we make for ourselves. But most people gloss over the fact what is healing is benevolent and what is harmful is malevolent. Like basic common sense is just flying out the window. Revolutions, are a type of warfare, to ask for a revolution is to ask for a war. And these don't know what they ask for! But still, when the power of love, overcomes the love for power the world will know peace. So even though i know how to fight, even though i know i can fight. In the end, does my integrity and pride really matter? In our minute existence, we tend to think ourselves pure, but the only pure thing about any of us is the face we have when we meet death. Mortality and the thought thereof should always keep us humble. But what saying should be truer? "I'd rather die on my feet than to live on my knees?" Or, "Most times, the best action, is no action. And to interfere with anything, anyone, everything, or everyone, is to be interfered with all the same."

Life is what you make of it. And what you do, will come back to you. There is no moment better than the present one. Let go of and release yourself from grasping life, and you will find your Nirvana. Peace!

6. we're never going to feel different unless we all come together and create peace itself.

"And I thought hurricane season was over"