Socialized Real Estate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lynchings, Mar 30, 2010.

1. I don't understand why we haven't socialized real estate yet.:confused: I mean, it makes perfect sense.:rolleyes: Do you even understand how crazy expensive it is to buy a house nowadays?:mad: In order to get a nice home, you have to spend upwards of $200,000!:eek: Not to mention the cost of electricity, running water, repairs, security systems, etc, etc.:( I think the best plan of action would to not only let the government pay for all these costs, but to allow them to refurbish them:wave:, and include solar panels and other green:D-energy stuff like that! :hello:

This also takes away some of the insane power that banks can have over people.:cool: I mean, I'm pretty sure like 99%:ey: of people who buy houses have to get loans from the bank to do so, and if you're not hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt to the bank:)... just think of all that saved money you could be spending on stuff!:smoking::bongin:

This is such an amazingly perfect plan, :cool:that would really give our economy the boost it needs right now! :hello:

2. Have you heard of the Community Reinvestment Act?

3. More paranoid right wing rambling

this board is ****ed if youre looking for political discourse

4. In the UK we call it council housing and as you become eligable to buy your house off the government after a few years the scheme had helped millions buy their own house at an affordable rate.

The History of Council Housing

5. The UK doesn't have the FEMA death camps for you when the man yanks your house away for some arbitrary reason before you pay the house off

6. But whose fault was it that the trailers were so deadly? Maybe the government for not testing them enough. But since it was an emergency (Katrina was), because people needed housing immediately, their blame is less than those who made the damn things to begin with. What kind of corporation puts toxic chemicals like formaldehyde in homes? (Toxicity in FEMA Trailers Blamed on Cheap Materials, Low Construction Standards - washingtonpost.com). They're the messed up ones, not the government.

7. FEMA "Death Camps" aren't the same as deadly FEMA trailers.

FEMA Death Camps are a conspiracy theory about sites that FEMA has designated for emergency use in case of natural disaster, terrorist attack, or widespread civil unrest.

Google them.

During the Bush administration, left-wing kooks said that Bush was planning to use them to incarcerate people if another terrorist attack happened and he had to declare martial law. The rightwingers ridiculed the idea.

Now the rightwingers are scared that Obama is going to use them as concentration camps for rightwing dissidents.

But all they really are is public land designated for emergency use (storage and staging of supplies, housing the displaced - like people whose houses are underwater or destroyed by a hurricane for example.

Thy have ominous sounding criteria to be selected as a FEMA camp. Like close to railway access, housing facilities, and easy to secure, etc. But it could be argued by rational people that that is to make it easier to move emergency supplies in and out efficiently, not necessarily moving people in and corpses out.

They have nothing to do with the FEMA trailers that turned out to be dangerous to occupants.

8. Okay, I misunderstood. Either way, that's just fucked up, that people would think that.

9. What happened to the left-wing kooks? Do they feel safe now? :confused:

The FEMA camps are obviously for some national disaster, and I don't think it's a coincidence Bush had Halliburton build them during the lead up to what will be the greatest economic collapse in world history.

10. Yes, they're only using it for storage. That's why the barbed wire on top of the fences is tilted inwards towards the enclosed area in order to keep people in. We wouldn't want any of those government workers to desert. :rolleyes:

What's your explanation for the fencing? You think they made a mistake or did they really design that fence to keep people in?

11. Didn't think anyone would take that seriously.

Maybe I should've put a :rolleyes:

;)

12. Too much squabbling amongst themselves, calling each other different "sides" and "wings," if they only realized it all falls under the same one category

13. Start your own thread then. I've seen you make quick drive by attacks, but I haven't seen any actual political discourse from you yourself. I'd love to see what you have to say, actually.

14. :rolleyes:;)