Socialized Medicine - JUST SAY YES!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Feb 3, 2010.

1. This is a good point that most people overlook. And it's just another example of why socialization would fail, tbh.

John Stossel did a pretty good report on this very issue a while back.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WnS96NVlMI]YouTube - John Stossel: Insurance Makes Healthcare Far More Expensive[/ame]

2. Interesting. Good piece with some interesting points raised. However we look at it though, it seems to me that at the moment the Health Ins. firms have more control over what happens in the healthcare industry than the government or the people do. A balance that needs to be re-addressed if you ask me.

3. If we had universal health care doctors would indiscriminately treat everyone and thinking the government would "control" you through it is a stupid idea.

4. the irony in this post is priceless, you imply that anyone against healthcare must watch fox news than you turn around, and us that we're retarted because we didn't get our information from your video?
    i think this arguement has already been lost due to poor rational on your behalf.

5. And to all the people who think the government will use it to suppress you, look at France they are some democratic people they protest alll the time

6. Did anyone bring up why insurance companies charge so much?

Greedy lawyers convincing everyone they can make a buck by sueing or complaining. Thats why the practice my mom works for moved out of PA. Insurance rates are insane because places like Philadelphia have outrageous lawsuit rates.

Don't most worth while jobs offer good benefits?

Why not reform the current system, keep frivolous law suits out of courts?

I don't think the healthcare business is something I want the government having a hand in, more than they do....

Medical school is not cheap by any means, so making 40k a year and having to pay 200k in student loans would be a real rip....

7. The increase in patient visits when financial barriers fall under a single-payer system will be offset by resources freed up by a drastic reduction in administrative overhead and physicians' paperwork. Billing would involve imprinting the patient's national health program card on a charge slip, checking a box to indicate the complexity of the procedure or service, and sending the slip (or a computer record) to the physician-payment board.

8. I've made this exact point in epic health care threads from last years. The health insurance industry has made it so health care = health insurance.The health insurance industry (as it is today), combined with over-legislation regarding medical malpractice are the two main reasons that health care costs have risen to a point that you basically can't afford to get even a basic check up without insurance. But the solution is to let the government run the health insurance industry, and even better mandate that EVERYONE jump on the health insurance boat?!? What a load of shit. What happened to paying your health care professionals for the services THEY provide?

9. The French protest about everything:rolleyes:

I think it's like a national hobby:D

10. Maybe we should learn something frm that.
    The government should fear us, not the other way around:smoking:

11. Screw Federal health care...
    Instead, I think the Government should crack down on the health insurance companies and set rules for them so they cannot deny coverage, etc. And make it so they cannot do all the bad, corrupt things that they do now.
    To me, that would be a much better expenditure of tax dollars...optimizing the current health care and more tightly regulating it. They wanna play, they better play by the rules damn it.

12. no. were not gonna turn fucking communist but it looks that way with obama