Social Isolation- Bad way to live?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by skatealex2, Aug 22, 2008.

1. i try to get a diverse spread of activities in my weekly routine. just depends on what you enjoy and what gives you fulfillment really

if you get fulfillment from hangin with your homies, thats cool. But if you get fulfillment from completing all the Assault Rifle challenges in Call of Duty 4, that's cool too. Whatever you want out of life, get it. Money and bitches? hell yeah. Golden AK47? hey man, I wont judge. its a sick game. do your own thing.

2. I have 1 good friend that has my back. but most of the time i play soccer and smoke a cupple bowls at night but theres noting wrong with chillin by yourself.

3. i feel you. I stick to myself, lone soldier I like to think of it. as far as it being a weed thing I think it has something to do with weed and something else to do with just getting older and living and learningand finding out most people aren't all that great.

4. i dont kickit with many people anymore. around here erryone knows who i am but thats just cuz ive grown up in the same spot my whole life. I only hang out with probably 5 peopleish.

i am notorious for being bymyself. thus why my last two relationships failed:eek: but hey, i dont want a girl or ANYONE whos high maintenance. ill just chill with my bowlpiece fulla herb, and watch sitcoms or movies..

or go to the water and watch the waves. the only way youll see me at a club is offa molly.:hippie::hippie:

5. To be honest quit weed all together. Weed is what made me anti social which ended up giving me social anxiety. Go out with some friends and have a drink or 10 and meet new people.

6. I go to school online and it kicks ass in my opinion. There was a period of time where I was like "Should I be doing other shit", but I realized, life is all about your mindset. I can keep agreat mindset chillin alone, but I find so much shit fucks it up when your hanging out with people. I'm in a death metal band so I talk to my bandmates a lot, and thats all I need. A dude living in a shack can be happy while a dude with a mansion and 20 bitches can be depressed constantly. Not to mention how many "fake" people there are. It's like everyone I talk to anymore has different masks. It's stupid to try to live up to a standard of "normal life". Life is what you make it, and I choose to live mine the way I do.

7. i think your onto something. but my connects all up on that OG kush! ill do that after the og be gone which here in cali is I DONT KNWO:smoking:

8. I am completely anti-social and have almost lost faith in the people in this area/probably the world. If ya get one good friend in your lifetime you are a lucky person cause it isn't easy. I have been beat battered and used by almost every one of my friends to the point that my girl and I only spend time with each other(we live together so that makes the world sane) and my family. I feel like I am always there for my friends and in turn,when I need help,they are barely there. I am not the kind of person that feels I should get something in return, but ya get tired of giving and getting stepped on for it. So in the end I look out for good people and haven't given up, but def don't expect to find any.

9. You got it bro +rep

10. I agree 100% with all of you and can relate to every single of you guys. I feel it's also going on now..I just don't care, chill by myself, still smoke. Lot of friends I smoke with just hang out because of it but i dunno. I used to fiend to go out to partys/clubs whatever but whenever someone asks I just dont feel like it. I just prefer to be alone

11. i dont like too much of who you are. i respect you, because you're your own person

12. same here man, and yes it is a bad way to live...

its not good to let that sort of thinking take over, because eventually it all seems normal and you don't mind it....a while ago i had a decent circle of friends, and somehow i've sunk back into isolation...only seeing one or two people if we drink every once in a while, other than that its just sitting in chatrooms and browsing the net, i love it because its safe and i don't have to worry about social rejection or being judged or anything like that, but at the same time its horrible because you never realy experience life and your just wasting the small amount of time you have on earth...

its hard to get away from it and break out, but wasting away alone isn't a good way to live, i'd reccomend you break the habit as quickly as possible

13. na fuck it,
    if their lives revolve around sport, beer & pubbing it + the convo is bland repetative nonsence
    just fuck it.

stay in.
    grow bud
    sell bud.

move to scotland.

14. I'm personally starting to get a bit more social just because I think it's important to talk to people, but I'll never force myself to hang out with people I hate and I'm trying to stick with smarter humans, people who think about life, play music, wtvr.

Fuck social isolation, altho it can be relaxing at times to just watch tv and blaze by yourself

15. na man,
    this thread made my mind up.
    grow bud and move to wales
    scotland

anywhere the pound is still worth something

16. Being anti-social is a bad way to live only if you don't enjoy living that way. Does that make sense?

What I mean is, I'm pretty anti-social myself, but I prefer to just spend time at home hanging out with my family and close friends, rather then going out to bars/parties/clubs/whatever. I love to spend time alone working on my art, or just chilling. That's what makes me happy, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not having lots and lots of friends. Friends can be a lot of work, lol.

But, no one should feel lonely or bored with their lives. If you feel like you're missing out on life, or you WANT friends but don't have any, then I can see how that would lead to depression.

Not everyone is the same. Some people can be happy with just a few friends, while some people need to constantly have people around them. I know people who can't do ANYTHING alone, and I couldn't imagine living that way. I get annoyed with people way to easily. But on the other hand, those same people probably can't imagine living how I do.

The key is to be able to recognize who you are as a person, and being true to that.

17. My wife and I spend most of our time alone, not by choice, that's just how it worked out. At one time we each had 3-5 good friends...But over the last few years we lost touch with them for various reasons...some moved away...some are busy starting a family...
    Most of the people we meet are not people we have a lot in common with, and some of the people we meet are just too weird or needy to have as a friend. We know one couple we like, but they have kids (we don't) and their lives completely revolve around their kids to the point that they can't have a conversation that doesn't become about their kids.
    We want to make new friends, but it's easier said than done. I live in a big city, so it's not like there's a shortage of people, but a big city can be one of the loneliest places to live.

18. I spend a lot of my time by myself and when im with friends for a few days straight, I always want some time to just chill on my own for awhile. Nothing wrong with it, I just love my alone time haha

19. I feel social isolation could be a way of self discipline.a girlfriend might help though.

20. #40 OneLoveRasta, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
    i pretty much chill with people on the daily, but every once in a while i need some good old alone time.
    i love comin home every once in a while and just smokin a bowl and chillin, do what i want to do

but honestly, if you arent happy living in isolation get out there and meet people. its pretty easy to make friends, just find people with common interests and start up a conversation.
    parties are a great thing my friends
    easiest places to make new friends/meet chicks, everyones usually down for talking to anyone present
    and if your a little on the shy side just have a few drinks. thatll give you some confidence, and as a general rule, other people are attracted to people with confidence

that right there is a great way to meet some new people
    head down to the skatepark, challenge some kids to a game of skate
    conversation will start flowin, and if they blaze, bam! new skating and blazing buddies