Social anxiety please help

Discussion in 'General' started by ILikeWeedxD, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Only lately, i have become very socially awkward. In group situations i always dont have the confidence to talk. I dont know why this is happening, but i feel so worthless and different from everyone else. Please help me out because i have been feeling very depressed.

Also what bothers me, is sometimes i say something in a group, and everyone will hear it but ignore me. I also feel that i have a reputation of being weird and an outcast, so if i do become socially normal that people will think something weird happened (if that makes sense).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You sound like some people I know including myself.  It's not easy being just yourself around people if you get the feeling they think you are "different".   I've had many situations where I have to "play a role" of being "normal", I think I've just gotten used to it, but don't put myself in those situations if possible.  I only have a couple of friends that I can really be myself, and I don't get to see them often.

This "Also what bothers me, is sometimes i say something in a group, and everyone will hear it but ignore me. "     can be very depressing, it used to happen to me a lot, and I finally learned, after many years, to speak up! That is if it is worthwhile... but if the group you are around is basically different than you, why do you continue to be with them? 

3. If you don't enjoy yourself chances are others won't either, what I mean by that is the only way to find a group you fit in to is to be yourself permanently. Because if you change how you act for people then you won't have a good time of it anyway.

4. Ya. Be yourself and fuck the rest, you'll find some niggas to chill with.

5. I think all this social anxiety stuff has something to do with kids raised in the cell phone and internet era. People gotta pull out their phones and start texting in order to feel comfortable around other people. When you get this anxiety, just analyze it.... why are you feeling that way? Are you worried about saying something stupid or doing something stupid? Why do you worry about what others think about you? And what can you do to get over it? Etc. Etc. Etc.

6. happens to me everywhere

drinking helps for a few minutes

7. I also have very bad social anxiety, I also don't hang out in big groups, I hang out with my few friends that's about it I also don't smoke pot every day I try to just keep it once a week maybe, just try not to think about it, and the only way to get over anxiety is putting yourself in those situations eventually you'll be used to it and you won't think about it.

8. The basis of social anxiety lies within the psychological and emotional, you're put an utmost emphasis on worrying before entering the situation. The key is to manipulate and to modify, instead of thinking "I feel so worthless and I'm scared" manipulate into a positive manner "Why the fuck should I worry, I'm fucking awesome!" Yes, it might seem a little bit egomaniac but that would prevent from self-negating yourself and removing the inferior complex that you place on yourself.

Also I advise you to take some GABA supplements to help lessen and lower the effect of anxiety and depression, therefore making you feel happy and calm. Background research on the GABA: http://extrahappiness.com/happiness/?p=3582

9. Is the supplement just called GABA and where would I be able to buy this I'm in Canada

10. Dont worry too much about it dude, TONS of people, even blades have social anxiety problems too, so your not alone.
    The thing that helped me was saying in my mind, "Fuck what other people think about me"

11. Positive self image sounds like malarkey but it really is where the best social medicine is found!

12. It's a struggle.. I'm getting to the point where i just don't care anymore. I can entertain myself and I don't enjoy most peoples company anyway, why should I care what they think of me. Idk people just come off annoying and and most are too materialistic and whatnot. I'll just stick to me, the few friends I can actually enjoy and my ganja.

13. maybe u should quit smoking bud for awhile whenever i get high it makes it worse for me

14. I feel ya OP. I've had the same problems all my life, so has my dad, so has my brother. We're all cursed with this shitty anxiety. Sometimes for me it gets me just so depressed and I want to give up so bad but I can't. You just gotta keep thinking positive and have a positive outlook. I know for me the one thing that helps is
    (see member title)
    , and without it I'd be long gone. But that shit is no good for you. I'm prescribed, but I'm an addict. But I need it to function and that's the harsh reality. 

15. #15 Cplus, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014

16. You're changing and you're still at early signs. There's no such thing as socially normal, it's not worth losing yourself over. If you were "socially normal" you would be a robot.