Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Social Anxiety Disorder

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TomahawkZDT, Nov 20, 2009.

1. I have been diagnosed with SAD or Social Anxiety Disorder (Social anxiety disorder (social phobia) - MayoClinic.com), and am currently prescribed luvox for my condition, and i have heard that medical marijuana can help to alleviate anxiety problems. It would be nice to not have to take the luvox if marijuana could solve the problem naturally. Would SAD my issue warrant me getting a Medical Marijuana card? Any help is much appreciated.

2. Some people say marijuana helps SAD, some people say it does the opposite.

How is Luvox working for you? Because I have similiar symptoms to SAD but I think I would be diagnosed differently.

3. it works ok, but i get occasional nausea, and sometimes have trouble sleeping, would it be worth a try to use medical marijuana instead?

4. absolutely. medical marijuana helps tremendously with alleviating side effects from medication. it also happens to already be an amazing aid for nausea and insomnia

5. i dont really find it to make too much of a difference. sometimes it makes it worse, sometimes it makes it better, sometimes, nothing. Its weird, which makes me think that maybe it doesnt affect it at all...

6. Same here sometimes.

I have ocd, tons of phobias, and sad.

What helps me: indica, less people around(or closer friends) and smoking less. I smoke bowls but really It should only be a few hits, most of the time I smoke a little too much and end up being a little nervous and anxious but NOTHING like OCD so it's totally manageable.

7. As always, the reasons for being eligible for MMJ solely depend on your location. If you want to know if you're eligible, click the stickies and look for your area.