SoCal...year one

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by myrrhlynn, Jul 18, 2018.

1. found a few seeds in a recent procurement and since i have a nice walled patio and it's legal now i figured what the hell. probably doing everything wrong but getting a kick out of seeing something grow ... outdoors where plants should be. thought i'd show off one of six(ish) plants i'm tending to. i've topped most of them twice and everyone seems to be doing ok. if i do a little shifting during the day, they're getting about 5 hours of direct 32.7° sun. for this first try i'll frankly consider anything a victory. cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 myrrhlynn, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    picked off my 2nd green caterpillar yesterday. where do they come from?? found a note on some sprays to use and might consider that. sure would like to stay chemical-free, though.

starting to note some different growth near the tips but frankly when i look at some of the 'sex' postings, i find it difficult to see the difference. decades ago i grew a single plant for fun and unfortunately it was definitely a male plant. wish there were iPhone cameras back then.

tomorrow daytime crosses the 14 hour threshold here, so i'm assuming it'll still be a while before i see any flowering. thought i might have started late plating seeds just after Memorial Day, but i'm pretty pleased with the growth. crossing fingers. cheers