Sobriety

Discussion in 'General' started by blunt-man420, Mar 31, 2010.

1. #1 blunt-man420, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010
    Well Gc i have decided that i am going to become sober from now on, but i dont know until when. probably for a while. i have come to the conclusion that i have been fucking over my life and i need to stop and get back on track. maybe i will start again if it does but we will see. i am going to stop everything.
    so far i have been sober for 4 days. i now also go to aa meetings and na meeting. i have totally change my life so far and its only going to get better (i hope)
    does anyone have any tips on cooping with sobriety? thanks guys

2. if it's just weed you are smoking then you can easily just man up and not smoke, fuck the meetings.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don't think it was just weed, because he said he was going to AA meetings as well. Who in their right mind would go to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting for weed? Nobody.

Good luck OP, and the correct choice is to always get your shit together, no matter what it takes. You seem to understand that, so I think that's all that needs to be said.

As for coping with sobriety: stay positive. Don't focus on the negatives things in life, and just continue to work towards your goals. Try to reform yourself as a person. Don't become just an "ex-alcoholic" or "ex-drug addict" because then sobriety will do nothing for you. You gotta change overall, not just in those aspects.

4. exactly. i am totally changing my life in everyway and every view of it.
    and your right again, it wasnt just weed. it started out from weed then just excelled to coke pill alcohol percription drugs and so on.... it was gettng way out of control

5. good luck man , A lot of my family is involved with AA meetings and to me , A sober life is a much better life. You may feel like crap at first just stick with it.