Sobriety/Recovery

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Runningw235, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Anyone else in recovery or trying out living sober for a period of time. Im a recoverying alcoholic and addict. I have about a month and a half sober so far, and I go to Intensive Outpatient, call my sponsor, etc...

Besides my legal issues, I just want to give sobriety a chance, since I never really have. Maybe life will be better, maybe not? :confused_2:

So how about some of you?

2. Oh it will get better. I was addicted to drugs. I kicked it cold turkey by myself and was successful.

3. Thanks for the encouragement. Im doing cold turkey too, but I have legal issues so I don't have much of a choice.

4. Good. Then you won't be tempted to do it.

Honestly, unless your a hardcore Haroon addict (which for the mod's is a made up drug that I created specially for this thread. :) ) then you should have no trouble kicking it.

5. Give it some time man and it gets better. Been there - it sucks having your life controlled by something. It was definitely worth it for me - quit drinking 10 years ago.

6. I never really understood the addictive potential of alcohol, I've never really had cravings for it before. Is it really that bad?

7. [quote name='"LotzoPlotz"']

I never really understood the addictive potential of alcohol, I've never really had cravings for it before. Is it really that bad?[/quote]

Depends on how much your life sucks :confused_2:

8. The withdrawals I got from alcohol lasted longer and were harder to deal with the coca (hypothetical made up drug as well) withdrawals for me. So yes, it's more addictive than you might think.

9. I'm an alcoholic/addict. Went into treatment last May and haven't looked back really other than an occasional beer here and there ha! but dont be like me stick with sobriety its great! I go to the gym 4x a week and that really helps. That works like a drug in itself in the way it makes you feel I highly recommend doing that!

10. I approve this message. ( years of gym status here) ;)

11. [quote name='"hoopzies"']I'm an alcoholic/addict. Went into treatment last May and haven't looked back really other than an occasional beer here and there ha! but dont be like me stick with sobriety its great! I go to the gym 4x a week and that really helps. That works like a drug in itself in the way it makes you feel I highly recommend doing that![/quote]

Amen bro. Workin out is such a great way to clear your mind. There's so many different routines you can follow as well as dieting, lots of goals u can work towards. Accomplishing a certain weight and number of sets is an awesome feeling bro. You'll be surprise what you can accomplish with no ones help. For the first time in my life I have real muscle definition and the only person I have to thank is myself :)

12. Yup, working out was one of my main things I focused on, glad I did cuz im ripped now! :D

13. Used to be addicted to dope, and finally straightened up once I od,ed and saw how foolish and selfish I was being. Currently 4 1/2 months clean from all opiates ( thanks to my girl mary, jane) :smoke: