Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sober high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BigSexyPanda, May 23, 2011.

1. All right, I know the seasoned tokers forum is a bit more serious then apprentice tokers, but I'm guessing mostly seasoned tokers will be able to help me out. I've been having my share of smoking and I usually do this to myself anyways, but I enjoy reaching "new" levels of high and well, I was wondering if this happens to anyone else, I'm sure it does with the more seasoned tokers. I was smoking a lot yesterday and had setup a hookah with a good amount of marijuana in it and was puffing on that for a while after I was already pretty high and I felt almost like I was sober, but definitely more aware. I remember laughing thinking that I was already pretty high, but I just kept smoking and I reached this level where I felt sober, but I knew I was high and I felt very aware. Like everything had come back into focus, but I was still smoking. It was a very cool experience and I'm just wondering if this is what highs turn into after a while? Sorry for rambling, it's just really hard to describe.

2. I have been sitting here packing my one hitter repeatedly for the past I'd say hour and a half and have accomplished this as we speak, maybe I'll continue to smoke for another hour and let you know.

3. I have actually done this before with a few of my good buddies a couple of summers ago. After passing a pipe and 2 ounces of mids around for a good 2-3 hours, I felt almost sober, but when I would focus on the high part, it would kick back in and rock my world.

4. i always get here when i buy weight and have friends over because ill pack a bowl while a joint is rolled halfway through the joint im rolling a blunt and they're destroyed and next thing you know it im feeling sober no matter how much i smoke. pisses me off

5. Happens to me and a bud a lot too. We'll get to that point, look at each other, and go "Sober now?" Then we laugh our asses off like a bunch of stoners. Kind of sucks but at least you're high I figure.

6. I do this, I usually smoke to a point of getting tired due to my high tolerance. Kind of sucks, but it only happens when I'm smoking with friends.

7. I completely understand what you mean! This only happens to me when I've been smoking all day, after I've come down. I can keep smoking and eventually feel "woken up." It's how you explained, still high but more aware and you feel less intoxicated.

This never happens to me on my first session of the day. I could keep smoking for hours and just keep getting higher..

8. In another thread someone posted saying something along the lines of your canaboid receptors get desensitized, especially when you deliver it to them in the same way, same amounts, same time stuff like that. Eventually you reach a peak where any more smoking you do only gets them more used to what you're doing. This may very well be the peak. Try mixing up your seshes a bit everyone.

9. You were so high, you forgot you were high.

10. No I remembered I was high. I just reached this very focused very clear high it was actually very nice.