Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Soap to clean pipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MrHhhiiiooo, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Would just regular like bodywash type soap and warm water hurt the pipe or something? Cause I just did this and it worked really well.

2. I think you just answered your own question!:D I personally clean my pipe with iso, more thorough and you can get a nice bit of oil out of it.:hello:

3. smear resin all over your hands.

then try to wash it all off with soap.

let us know how it goes.

4. this indeed have you never gotten all nasty scraping a pipe? I have a brush just for my hands after that job.

5. I mean it worked but it's not gonna like stick to the glass and kill me next time I smoke right? Sorry I'm paranoid. Haha

6. :confused::D:smoking: Yeah man it ain't gonna hurt you at all. It's soap.

7. invest 2 dollars in a bottle of iso, bro.

8. Rubbing alcohol is dirt cheap and works very well. If the parts aren't resin coated, plain soap is fine. I'd use unscented, or it might have a little bit of an off taste at first.

9. So far the best I've used was nail polish remover. I pour enough in the bowl where if i cover the carb, bowl and stem and shake it around in there it'll eat up the resin like nothing, at least a majority of it. Some may be caked on but you can use a pipecleaner to get it. If not that use rubbing alcohol (or really strong liquor). Putting it in a latex glove with alcohol or polish remover and vigorously swishing it around helps a lot, and adding a 2:3 portion of salt helps too.

Soap isn't recommended. Washing resin smell off your hands with soap doesn't help too much, so trying to clean a bowl with it won't work too well and gets too sudsy inside which you'll have to rinse repeatedly.