Soaking roaches in Alcohol?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by drmantus, Oct 28, 2012.

1. This method will work for making hash oil from flowers, trim, kief, hash, whatever if you like. Its really just a method of qwiso extraction

2. About to do one myself. Same position don't have to but going to was even going to use bud with it not great quality not for smoke everyday person. 5 gram prescription. But as post-dated looking from some kick-ass potent knock you on your ass stuff I'm thinking turning into an edible. Hold on, no gross yet. Different kind of edible put it into capsules and swallow. How about that . I think that would work?

3. I’d make hash caps or butter with all that stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gotta love some good old terpy resin hash. Always goes great with a bowl of resin toast crunch too. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. U GOT A GOOD METHOD? I HAVE A FEW AS U KNOW IT IS A BIT MESSY TO MAKE SO WAITING FOR RIGHT TIME,

6. New chems? Youd be smoking them while the blunts fresh bro they dont magically appear when you dock it.

7. You can make qwiso with anything that contains THC. Problem is, it'll taste like whatever it came from. If you really want to extract from roaches, a good bet would be to cut off the burnt part of the roach, leaving only the saturated paper and the green bits left in it. The upside of extracting this way is you can recycle some of the THC lost to the roaches without it being too gross, but the down side is the qwiso you make will have elevated levels of benzene and other toxins in it... and it'll taste roachy. Still, could work for canna caps, I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I've tried unrolling the roaches that's not the best way. I have found that the best way is to cut all the burnt stuff off the end of all the roaches I gather about an ounce of roahes first. Then I take the roaches in the papers yes and I put it in a jar and cover it just enough with everclear or any other 180 190 proof you cannot use isopropyl alcohol while you can but it's not good for you. And then I take that jar put it in the freezer overnight The next day strain all the roaches out throw them away and put the liquid on a silicone surface. Then I take that stuff and after it has evaporated scrape it etc decarb it for 15 minutes at 240.. sometimes only 5 or 10 minutes depending on how much it bubbles up. The only way I will use this is to put it in gummy edibles. The sugar and sweetness covers up the roach taste It even helps if you put a few nerds in the bottom of the mold before pouring the jello mixed with your oil. they are very very very potent you are missing out on something if you do not utilize your roaches I mean I'm not poor by any means and I can afford to get more smoke but this is just a waste and I was taught as a young child not to waste lol I would suggest however being very careful because You could over consume if you do you will feel drunk lol

10. You definitely have to strain them I forgot to add that ... Unbleached coffee filter in a strainer should work.

11. Seems like alot of effort and steps to fuck up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Best cereal since Captain Chronic. a2322502330_16.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I'd probably just get rid of the paper, grind it into a powder, and just sprinkle a little on bowls. or in joints if I smoked joints. But in my defense, I'm lazy af.

14. I've got big jar of it saving it for a rainy day...

15. For any stoner.. this is alot of work lol like ALOT ALOT lol

I hate roaches and the taste of resin I end up with tons of 1/4 of joint roaches.. we used to cut them up with the paper when we were younger and roll them.. still tastes nasty.

I have tried to put them in a pipe, but the ash can come thru and yuck
    I have tried to cut the paper off and the ash tip still yuck

However I have recently found 2 ways that actually work.. throwing it away is a total waste of resinated weed. I keep them in a container for medical marijuana.. then when I forget to see my doctor for my prescription and I am stuck waiting for an appt. (LIKE NOW)

1st way is with my Session Bong.. I always use a flavored grape water and lemon juice in my bong (lemon helps it not get so dirty so fast.. the water totally filters the roachness out of it and no ash in your throat it's in your water

2cd way is cutting all the ashy tips off (with gloves it's dirty to work with) alot of my papers as of lately Raw Black/OCB premium unroll really easy if u can find the crease.. you wind up with really compacted hard cylinders of resin weed.. (I do not want to mess up my grinder lol but if you have a spare one you could grind it to help break it up) if not what I did was get sisters and break it up just enough to not be a pain to smoke and roll. I had a bunch of containers with crystals left in them and some regular flower i scrapedit all into a container together separately. I have a rolling machine b/c I suck at rolling i put a thin-medium layer of roach weed and on top of it i had some crystalized regular weed and then roll it.. you really cannot taste the resin but it builds up on the tip fast.

Another option would be to grab some flower CBD or Ratio and use it the same... I often mix all of strains a little of each with cbd and it really helps pain.

if you wear disposable gloves or put the roach in the bong bowl either way are both WAY EASIER and efficient. The more weed the better I am sure...but I am super picky and finicky and even with a thin layer of crystals you truly cannot tell the difference... but the container smells like @&#!. I have read you can add some oil drops on it too but I am using what I have.

Wake N Bake