So you want to grow Marijuana, your ?'s answered here.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jcj77d, Jul 27, 2007.

1. fox farm grow big, & maybe suppliment w/ pure blend pro

2. I got a basic soil question I would like to have answered or some opinions on.

What are the basic soil requirements/additives needed to grow some soilid plants/buds?

Im on my first grow (just into flowering now) I started out my grow with some MG soil that burnt the hell outta my seedlings (partly my fault for adding nutes soon and being oblivious to the soil nutes. Anyways, i switched to this stuff called "Moo Grow" I like it alot, organic, and really fluffy stuff. Other than that I only use a flowering fert 10-30-20.

Soo...what is recommended to add, veg and/or flower cycle?

I might be adding some bone meal soon to raise the Ph a lil bit, Ph is around 6.5

thanks

3. if u can, fox farm organic is great, & black gold organic, the MG organic will work, but id add some perlite & worm castings to it. if u like the moo grow, & your not having any problems w/ it, why change. a good soil should drain well, be light & fluffy, dark & smell fresh. if the bag says anything about feeding for # of ?, then stay away b/c it usually contains timed released ferts (BAD), unless its a good organic soil. so: good soil, perlite, worm castings or guano, vermiculite (not necessary, but good), & some people use a bit of sand. & dolimite lime or wood ashes will control your ph better. check out my grow vid library @ http://www.veoh.com/channels/marijuanagrowing there are a couple of vids that go into prepareing your own soil & what not. i also got "see more buds - 15lbs in 80 days" but not online, they made me remove it.

4. You already answered most of my CO2 questions. Ill get back to you later.

5. go ahead ask, if i cant answer, ill send u in the right direction.

6. I germinate them in paper towels in the dark in a bag that is open. till they have 2-3 mm root tips.. I then put them in party cups with holes in the bottom filled with fox farm ocean blend soil.. then they die two to three days later.. :( ooh yeah there on a roof

7. 1st. seems to me that maybe its to hot on roof for them, or the soil is too rich in nutes for a young plant. 2nd. your not supposed to put them under light until they break the soil surface. your germinating them correctly, so next time try placing the seed root tip down bout 1/4" in soil, then cover the seed w/ soil (dont compact the soil), make sure soil is moist, not soaking, then cover the cups w/ surran wrap w/ rubber band & poke a few tiny holes in wrap & place in a dark warm place till it sprouts, then remove wrap & put under some cfl's until they are strong, then try putting them where u want. i bet the roof is to hot.

8. i am just wondering ive seen people use these energy saving light bulbs to grow there plants. I want to do the same and i wanna keep the amount of lights down to one as i will only grow one plant at a time for now. I am from England what bulbs do you recommend?

Rich

9. Hey, I think yours is a good idea!!

Since you seem to know your plants, please answer this

My plants are 42-46 inches tall. Just got over spider mite infestation and I way over trimmed my 5th week of flowering babies. Growth has seemed to stop. Will it pick up again? They are all healthy looking with multiple bud sites but no visible resin and all else is normal. Any ideas???

Thanks

10. hi im really interested in growing but have very limited space. on average how tall does a plant get using LST.

11. thanks jcj my little ones are looking a lot better since i stopped feeding them.my big one(well its big to me anyway) lost all the bottom leaves,probably from overfeeding as well,but now loads of new leaves are coming and its looking good.as the summer is ending (didn,t actually have one anyway) i dont want the little ones to bud yet,so can i put them under a lamp for a couple of hours and then put them out in the sun or will it be better to keep them inside all the time

Attached Files:

12. if u are growing 1 plant & only want to use 1 light, & save money on bill, id say go with a 125-200w full spectrum cfl. like: http://www.growerssupply.com/farm/s...ision=GrowersSupply&pageId=ItemDetail&isDoc=N doesnt have to be this one, but just giving you the idea, just do a search for 125w full spectrum cfl.

13. 1st u shouldnt be trimming fowering plants, they need as much of there leaves as possible, this is where they get there bud energy from, they are probably in shock from both the spiders & trimming, give them some time, & try not to do anything to stress them out more, & they should recover. what type of nutes are you useing, & are they at 5wk of 12/12.

14. i got some lst'd plants now in flowering & they are about 2ft tall, thats including the 3gal pots, so like 1ft, but u can get them lower depending on your lst method. if space is a problem try growing lowryder 2, or master low, they stay about 18" tall.

15. thats good to hear, that they are doing better. yes u can pu them under some cfl's, & then take them outside. just make sure they get at least 16hrs of light. i used to do the same b4 i got my hid lights, i would take them out during the brightest part of the day, then bring them back in under the lights. some will say that this can stress the plants, but i had no probs. i noticed that u had 2 plants in one pot, (no no) seperate them b4 there roots get to tangled up. & if you really think u overfeed them, try to flush the soil out. flush with 3 times the amount of pot size. ex: 3gal pot = 9gal flush. whats the ph. on the last flush use 1/4 strength nutes & add 1-2 cap full of 3% hydrogen peroxcide per gal of water. adds extra o2 to the roots.

16. Hey,

Yes they are ubder 12/12, light tight and all. I am using Suoer Tea veg and flower. I think I just go nuts trying to get more light to the lower buds. Or, I was stoned, take your pick!!

I will leave them alone and see what happens.

Thanks.

17. If it feels good do it. If it feels real good, do it a lot!!!!!!

18. 1. heres a shitty pic of my plant. [​IMG]

2. as you can see (i hope), the bottom leaves are very yellow, the middle leaves are kinda yellow. and the top are very green. why is that?

3. i transplanted them into ice cream pails yeaterday but i think they are too small. what size of bucket should i use?

4. one of my buddies trimmed off the bottom leaves or something and "pinched" a part of the plant, now its growing like an "S" is this good? what does it do?

5. like i said, he cut bottom leaves off. should i bury it up to the bototm leaves, how much should i bury if im going to retransplant.

6. my buddies have 20-20-20 tomato fertilizer? will this work, these plants have never had fertilizer. and are totally organic, grown in sunlight.

they are a little over a month old, when should i start 12/12? how long does that take?

19. jcj77d... first off, thanks a ton for making this kind of thread! Good to see someone willing out to help out us noobs.

How is your knowledge in hydro grows? I'm have some trouble in the early stages.

20. whats the n-p-k ratio of the ferts your useing, high nitrogen can delay flowering. if u want more light on lower buds try adding some cfl's around the lower part of plant.