Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So, will weed be legal recreationally in Canada next year?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by frodo, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Just asking.
    Can't find anything saying whether it will be medical or recreational.

2. Isn't already legal? I heard a lot about cannabis stores in Canada? I'm almost positive they let u grow weed with the license. And from the rumors it's incredibly easy to get one

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. In Vancouver, it is much like Amsterdam and while it's not entirely legal, the police are VERY lenient and many people openly smoke in parks and in public. The law enforcement simply doesn't bother with marijuana smokers in Vancouver/B.C. So yeah, in a way it's kind of legal, just the textbooks say it's not.

Justin wants to legalize but he said it messes with international law and he didn't want to risk breaking it.

Marc Emery, the Prince of Pot, ran for mayor in Vancouver (or it might've been his wife) and they might have won, I'm not sure, but they promised legal weed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The last that I read on the news was that the legislature was being written for total recreational use for the whole country in Canada for January 2017. Don't have a source atm I may look it up but you could Google it easily

Canada has been huge with cannabis for a while now. Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are littered with med dispensaries and recreational weed deliveries are easily overlooked because theres so much cannabis.

5. Exactly, it's not for say "legal here" but there are dispensaries that will sell to you with or without a medical document, just have to look around, I have 2 places one in Toronto and the other is Vancouver, the difference is Vancouver has more options on buds, wax, whereas the Toronto one has more edibles and some of the buds but nowhere near what I get from BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. I mean the medical market in Canada is so loose it's basically legal.

How can you tell me this plant is not good for me?

7. Yup. I've had a medical marijuana license to grow up to 85 plants at my home for four years and dispensaries are popping up everywhere now
    It's only a matter of time before the liberal govt legalizes recreational pot imo

• Like Like x 1
  8. Next spring is when they said, havent looked for any updates lately.

9. The government isn't liberal as of Donald Trump anymore. it's been completely taken over as conservative. judicial supreme court, house, senate, cabinet, and president are all red.

EDIT: oh you're talking Canada. hah. my bad. yeah they are liberal.

10. I have submitted prayers to the great ganja god for weed legalization in Canada.

• Like Like x 1
  11. It will be legal by 2018. No news on details of the legalization. I think it will be left to the provinces to regulate the way alcohol currently is (LCBO, BC liquor)

12. Ganja God should've never let it become illegal in the first place!

• Like Like x 3
  13. OK so we have Canada and Mexico going legal .Seems to me USA will be forced to do the same or waste trillions trying to keep it out lol.

• Like Like x 1