So.. Will this work or not?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TelevisedChaos, Aug 4, 2010.

1. So I'm planning on getting a WS series 'Little Bitch'

Weed Star - Little Bitch - Dutch - Grasscity.com

[​IMG]

• Manufacturer: Weed Star Glass
    • Height: 40 cm / 15.75 inch
    • Glass Thickness: 4.2 mm
    • Diameter: 40 mm
    • Joint Size: 18.8 mm
    Now.. I know the bowls on these things have huge fucking holes, and rather than having to mess around with gauzes I would rather just get a better 18.8 bowl that I wouldn't have to use a gauze with. The one I have my eye on is this;

Plaisir Glass Bowl - Plate Head 18.8 - Online Shop

http://www.grasscity.co.uk/img/products/flower_bowl_t1.jpg

The description says this;

The ‘plate' shape of this Plaisir Glass Bowl is shallow and flattened out specifically for extract.

The fact that it's an extract bowl (oils etc) doesn't mean that I can't use it for normal bud hits without my bud falling off does it? If anybody has had experience with such a bowl, or can link me to a better 18.8 bowl that I wouldn't have to buy a gauze for I would appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance blades :wave:

2. sent you a pm

3. I'm not made of money dude lol.

4. The Luke Wilson Disc Diffuser slide is only $35 on aqualabs. I am ordering one as we speak!

5. this

nothings better

6. Ok so I don't think you guys get what I'm wanting...

I've got my mind set on the WS bong, but I need a glass bowl that wouldn't require a gauze, because deep bowls piss me off for some reason lol. I've seen the Hurricane Azreal bowls but they're only in 14.5mm :(

I can't spend much more than $20 on the bowl tbh.

7. ??...

8. he meant local head shop"LHS" but forget all this new bowl stuff...just get a glass screen man. go to your LHS and pick up one, you drop it in the bowl and it looks like a shark tooth, works greeat.

9. #10 Shmev, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
    Ya man just get a glass screen, or if your set on getting another bowl, get a one hitter or popper bowl or somethin. Theres sooooo many bowls here on GC for under $20 Just look around.

One Hit Bowl 18.8 Color - Dutch - Grasscity.com

10. Yeah... I think I'm just gonna save myself the trouble and get a glass gauze.

Thanks guys :rolleyes:

11. You certainly wont be saving yourself any trouble with this route.
    All the holes on most china/production bowls arent going to be the proper size.

Either get yourself something american made (LW disc diffy bowl which is CHEAP) or just look at the ones at your LHS for the right size hole.

12. I'm an expert in this area, with a shelf full of unused W* bowls. :p

You've got a couple of options. First is a meteor gauze, but trust me when I say you'll need at LEAST 0.3, bare minimum to maybe cover the surface. You won't get a cherry under about 0.7g really.

Second option: W* Flutsch bowl off GC with a daisy jack. This is my most used hitter. The daisy makes 3 tiny holes, hit's cherry up nice, and they just need a little stir to all burn up and snap through.

3rd option is buy a Molino reducer stem (around $12) and a Molino cup bowl ($7ish I think?). They are perfect one hit snappers, but they only come in 14.5, hence the reducer.

4th option is buy a nice cheap 18.8 bowl made with whatever you want (pinch, disc or push) on ETSY.

Good choice on the little bitch BTW! Got one in the mail this week. 40cm is perfect size for a food amount of smoke area, and just enough of a neck to pull the hit nicely without too much extra air. Glass is nice and thick, and the thin neck on the beaker makes hits shoot up like a rocket!

If you can spare the $27 extra (minus GC discounts!), the 3 arm ash catcher is a worthwhile deal.

Hope that helped!

13. or wait til you CAN get the disc diffused slide
    or try etsy and see if an artist can hook you up at your price range

14. glassmansdoll on etsy is selling disc diffused bowls for like 16$ each.