so why do so many people start their threads with 'so'?

Discussion in 'General' started by somekind, Nov 15, 2008.

1. So do you get this? So I don't understand why so many people are doing this. So it doesn't make sense, or add anything to your sentence, it's just adding extra words that don't mean anything.

So didn't any of you watch "Conjunction Junction" when you were kids?
    [​IMG]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkO87mkgcNo"]YouTube - Conjunction Junction[/ame]

So didn't it explain that conjunctions are used in the middle of sentences to join two thoughts? So why are so many people putting 'so' at the begging of their sentences?

So can anyone explain why this is happening? So did they stop showing that cartoon?

So am I just being anal, or does this bother other people?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkO87mkgcNo"] [/ame]

2. With new generations come new patterns of speech, best get used to it.

3. You so sound like a hypocrit. That video is badass.

4. I'm a fan of Mr. Morton.

5. So you're just being anal I think. ;)

6. So they can say SO

7. so, big fucken deal.

8. so Why does it matter

9. [​IMG] so im just now getting to understand the difference between.

THERE
    THIER
    THEY'RE

one thing at a time...

..:confused:

[​IMG]

10. remember chicken, small steps turn into great bounds. keep on truckin and im sure youll get it all :)

11. It's just something to break the silence or a word you say by habit when you can't think of anything else. Like uhhh of ummm or like. A lot of people use it to start their story just by habit.

12. I scrolled down the list in General and found only one thread that started with 'so'.

I'm posting in it right now...

13. So, is to the new American English, what 'Hear Ye', used to be in the old British Engish, kapish?:cool:

In 1680, this thread would have been called, "Hear Ye, Hear Ye, why doth so many plebs runes begin anon, with Hear Ye?"

Don't ask how I know that...

14. Language evolves like everything else.

15. so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so [COLOR=White]so
    [/COLOR]
    so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so [I]so [/I][COLOR=White][I]s[/I]o
    [/COLOR]
    so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so [U]so[/U] [COLOR=White]s

[COLOR=Black]yeah I took the time to use every kinda so, so what you wanna fight about it so..[/COLOR]o [/COLOR]

16. that video is badass