So... where were you on 9/11?

Discussion in 'General' started by PastorOfMuppets, Jul 12, 2010.

1. I live in NYC and every year a few months before the anniversary people start asking each other this question around here. Someone asked me today so I figured I would ask all of you.

I had just graduated high school a few months before and I was hanging out at home for an extra semester before heading to college in January. I was working the overnight shift at a vacuum cleaner factory (7 pm to 7 am, 12 hours) and had gotten home, showered and fell asleep. I was asleep 15 minutes when my sister came in and got me and I went out to the living room. We just sat there for the next 3 or 4 hours watching the news without a word as the phone would ring or relatives and neighbors would drift in and out.

And that was the defining event of my generation. We couldn't have got a Woodstock or a moon landing or something, right? No, it had to be a gigantic life-altering terror attack. Lame.

What were you up to when you heard about/saw the planes hitting the towers?

2. in 6th grade class..
    principal came in and told the teacher to turn the tv on.
    it was on the news, i dont know if school was canceled that day or not...

3. This..maybe 5th. I think we stayed in school the rest of the day, but all we did was watch the news.

4. elementary school.....in class when they brought us all into the library and cafeteria to watch the news

5. Working at shoprite at the time listening to the radio and waiting on a callback from my mother to see if she had heard from my father yet. wish i had the pictures he took.

6. i was in either 3rd or 4th grade and they sent us all home as soon as we got to school

i sat down and turned the tv on just in time to see the second plane hit. my mom was freaking out, i didn't really think too much of it. then i remember cheering bush on when he said he was going to take care of who ever did the attack

my dad was actually at a meeting in the 102 floor two days before the attack. what a trip that must that be eh?

7. I was at home. I woke up came into the living room and my mom was crying and my dad was silent. The weird thing was my cousin was at the recruiting office when it happened.

8. I was just waking up for class. It seemed pretty surreal.

9. 5th grade class. school didn't let us know what was up. all my classmates kept getting picked up early and none of us knew why... they told us it was because of a tropical storm that was in the area.. then i got picked up, and my dad told me what had happened as i was opening the door to his truck. i didn't know what to think at the time... but i guess it made a pretty big impact or something, cause i can remember nearly everything about that moment.. which i'm kinda glad about. when our generations kids ask me where i was, i'll be able to tell them with certainty.

10. I don't remember what grade but in school. We were sent home immediately and like smokesomebuddha I got home in time to see the second plane hit. I didn't know what to think but everyone around me was crying.

11. 7th grade...square dancing with one of the hottest chicks in school

12. English 1st period Ms Roberts class....I'll never forget her she didn't like penises

13. i was 9 years old and i had gotten up to go to school(5th grade). i live in santa rosa but i would commute to marin to go to school, so i had to wake up early.

i was upstairs putting on my shoes and my father was eating breakfast watching the news, and he said "holy shit! look!" and i saw it happen on live tv.

didn't know what was goin on at first, thought it was a recording of somethin that happend a while ago. there was an odd stiffness in the air that very confusing. my mother kept me from going to school that day.

i didn't really grasp what had happened that day. i was confused what went on, who was involved, and why.

14. I was 11. I woke up and turned on the news in my living room, as I usually had done in the mornings. That's when I saw the first live clips of the towers being hit by planes. I had to leave to go to school before the towers fell.

In my fifth grade classroom, the teacher left the TV on and I saw a replay of the towers falling.

15. I was at school. Watched the news at lunch time at home, probably at school as well.

Anyone really believe what happened on 9/11 is what media says?

16. I was young, shit faced and dont remember the day really..

was fucked up that night/morning/afternoon...passed out

17. Yeah. I laugh at that "9/11 inside job" conspiracy propaganda/lunacy.

18. 8th grade science. Din't really give a shit at the time. Was prolly thinkin about tits and ass more than the hundreds of people that died lol :devious:

19. I feel for that thing sitting and rotting in your skull

20. Did you seriously just knock my thread unconscious with Truther nonsense?

Not cool, brother.