Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So what's the deal with honey?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Uncommon, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Hey man, im with you on this one. Last year I posted the same thing, and all I got was 'your lungs are going to die!' and ect. But i still rolled a decent honey blunt. My friends and I smoked it and got really high. There is nothing to worry about, just don't make smoking honey a regular thing

2. Or you could just not smoke honey and eat it instead.

I fuckin love honey on everything. Good for the body and soul.

3. Hell yeah man. Eating honey that's produced by local bee's is supposed to work wonders for your immune system.

4. I don't get it. Why would you purposely smoke honey.. No one's answered this yet.

Is it for the screen?

5. The amount of people who came in here and ignored my "no hearsay" and "scientific evidence or don't reply" rules disturbs me.

The stomach may be capable of handling some chemicals better than the lungs, but that isn't what I was saying. Simply that poison is poison, no matter the method of ingestion.

If you're denying that, I don't know what to tell you. o.o

And no, I wasn't 'upset' simply not taking your post seriously.

6. Honey is the most natural form of sugar most people ever consume.
    Smarties are candy, and processed to hell.

And @workethic: It slows the burn of joints/ blunts and adds a flavor that some people like.

7. uhhh why the hell do you want to smoke honey

8. Look one post above you.

9. #30 rastarish206, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    From what I've heard, some people dip their blunts in honey or molasses so that it will burn more slowly. Personally, I have never done this for several reasons.
    1. Although I have no scientific proof that it's unhealthy, just the thought of inhaling burnt honey doesn't appeal to me or my already suffering lungs.
    2. I only smoke blunts when I have enough weed to continue smoking once the blunt is done. Thus I don't care too much about savoring it

10. Yeah, of course smoking any additional substance will add chemicals and IS worse for you.

I'm just here to shoot down the ludicrous myth that it will crystalize your lungs and kill you or something. I can't imagine believing something so crazy, no matter how high I am.

11. I think this one's based more along the lines of common sense.. I don't need to see a peer reviewed article to know it's not very healthy for me inhaling burnt honey/sugar.

It's bad enough inhaling marijuana smoke, or smoke in general, I tend to try and keep only the things needing to get my high to enter my lungs. Everything else I'll do my best to pass.

12. Then just do it. Hell it's your body, I couldn't care less what you put in it. I was merely trying to be of some help.

13. Lol. Well smoking blunts on a regular basis is already extremely unhealthy. But I'm sure the honey doesn't help.

14. Sorry, I'm new to posting here and I didn't mean to piss anyone off.

It's not about what I do, I'm going to smoke honey either way.
    I just wanted to clear up some misinformation that's been going around.

The way I see it, papers add alot to your smoke as well, doesn't mean I go into every thread about rolling and say "you're killing your lungs, use a bowl or don't smoke".

15. #36 rastarish206, Aug 14, 2011
    Okay, I feel you. I agree, that does sound slightly outrageous. Consider this, it takes packs upon packs of cigarettes (equating to pounds of tobacco) for enough tar to build up to significantly influence your health. Thus, assuming this phenomena were possible, it would take an insane number of honey dipped blunts for enough *burnt* sugar to build up enough to form crystals.

Plus I think by burning it, most of the sugar is converted to other forms of carbon which are unable to crystalize anyway.

Last part could be wrong though, chemistry was a long time ago

16. #37 jaden420, Aug 14, 2011
    Is this person fucking serious? People don't smoke real honey u dumbass god damn.

Name calling doesn't fly here.
    -Stylez1877

17. Rep+ for mentioning carbon.

That's the biggest health risk I see here. As I said, the earliest thread I saw with info on this topic had a link to a site that had safety information for large scale sugar fires while making candy or some such thing.

18. #39 jaden420, Aug 14, 2011
    Plz plz plz tell me your kidding. Plz tell me cuz if your not may god have mercy on your soul and I feel sorry for u

19. Uhh.. Are you serious? People have smoked honey since '01 at least.

I could provide a link to a thread from marijuana.com from 10 years ago with nothing but positive comments and experiences if you like. :rolleyes: